Archinect
anchor

Undergraduate Year-2 Final-Project Portfolio Review Please!

anaisziwei

Hi y'all,

Just completed Year-2, hoping it is good enough to prepare for my Master Application in future! 

May I please get some constructive feedback on this Year-2 Final Project Portfolio? Also, please forgive me, I have not put in a Cover and Back-Cover as I am still designing it (haha).

Here it is: https://issuu.com/anaisziwei/d...

Jun 24, 20 3:31 pm
threadkilla

don't hyphenate your headings

for my taste - you have too many blank pages used as section separators, but the overall use of blank space throughout the layout is good

on first glance, your drawings are awesome. maybe you could condense the brief/analysis portion a bit to emphasize the drawings more.

good luck!

Jun 24, 20 6:04 pm  · 
1  · 
threadkilla

perhaps consider using the render from pages 64-65 as your cover

Jun 24, 20 6:10 pm  · 
1  · 
Almosthip

I agree the hyphens are terrible and make your cover very hard to read

Jun 24, 20 6:48 pm  · 
1  · 
robhaw

I think we've seen your portfolio again on here.

I haven't read your texts/project narrative, so just commenting on presentation.

Overall it's of high standard.

Some quick tips:

Some of the linework (e.g. p68-69) is exported as raster. If you 're using Revit, the trick is to export 2 images (1 with lines as vector + 1 with just the background and lines-off) and overlay them in ID.

Pay attention to alignment of content between pages (e.g. p.14-15, 30-31)

The quality of some diagrams (e.g. p.47) is lost in the export process. Which PDF exporter are you using? If this is not the case, the diagrams can be done natively in ID to look crisper.

Also, make sure all your text is of identical size and colour to achieve consistency. (e.g. p.41 vs 43?). Perhaps, use 2 sizes of the same style as the maximum (1 for text, 1 for notes)

Finally, a trick many do is start and finish with a strong image.

My resulting impression is that while it is of high quality, it looks too digital. On p.40 you are saying that 'model making in architecture is as integral as sketches when designing a project' Then, some hand drawings showing process would be nice to see.

PS. I recall you were interning at St Katharine's? Have you started now? Feel free to PM me.

Jun 24, 20 7:36 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: