Archinect
anchor

Architecture Design Degree from Griffith University

dlee1995

Hi everyone.

I am an Architectural Technology graduate residing in Canada, Ontario.

Abit of myself: I graduated in 2018, with 6 months of work experience at an Engineering firm. I also spent a two years gap of heavily attempting to enroll in an local Architecture University (the reason why is to be close for my parent's financial and mental support) in my area.

As for this year to plan out alternative solutions, I am thinking of enrolling in Griffith University's Architecture Design Degree. Can anyone share their experiences to me from the following points I have in consideration? I'm trying to collect some insights through various forum websites as I can't solely rely on the university's website. 

- The type of drafting software used? Example; Revit, Sketchup, 3Dsmax, Rhino.

- Class size?

- It is worth attending this university?

- Group based projects or individual projects? If both, can you tell me the percentage of them involved? Ex; The program is mainly involved 80% of group projects and 20% in the entire duration of the program.

- Are there more assignments given out? or more tests and fewer assignments?

ONLY to International students or domestic students who transferred in another Architectural Technology or related program: I know credits are transferred, but can you transfer a higher year in the program? Like year 2 or 3.

- Are there summer courses to speed up the program duration?

- I was told there is co- op offered, in what year do you begin in?

- Ultimately, what should i prepare or tips before enrolling in the program?

Thank you for reading.

Jun 20, 20 6:07 pm
Non Sequitur

I’ve never heard of this place and a quick googling tells me it’s in Australia? Why would you do that and pay int tuition for a undergrad degree in arch studies? This seems so odd. 

Jun 20, 20 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
dlee1995

Based on my research, they cover an articulation agreement with the Architectural Technology program of Humber College, Durham College, Fanshawe and Georgian College. I haven't been getting so much luck in enrolling in any Architecture degrees in Toronto. That is why I am expanding my options. I don't want to be simply spending all of my effort trying to get in an architecture program offered in universities in Toronto (a city in Ontario) not knowing when I will get in.

Jun 20, 20 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

But you still need a March degree to qualify for idp. If the typical university route is too much work for you, the RAIC syllabus is perfect. The answer is not to take a non accredited bachelor overseas.

Jun 20, 20 9:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: