Archinect
anchor

What are the softwares and methods used in these visualizations?

Hello everyone,

Architecture student here. Can someone describe the methods used to achieve these visualizations and illustrations? A very rough description or just the combination of software used will suffice. Thank you!

Regards,

Buddhika

Apr 19, 20 10:00 am

I'm familiar with software used in architectural modelling and visualization. I use Revit, Lumion, SketchUp and currently learning V-ray. I'm also familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. My problem is I'm finding it hard to understand the methods used to achieve these visualization styles.

For example for style no 3; my guess is modelling it in Revit, and finishing in Illustrator? but I'm not sure. I just want to get an idea on the software combinations and any specific techniques used specifically in these illustrations.

Apr 19, 20 10:51 am  · 
 · 
kenchiku

A very basic 3D model with no materials applied, rendered only for light/shadow and then taken into Photoshop and layered with different textures, colours, and objects.

Apr 19, 20 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

thank you.

· 
lmnoc1

For 1, 2, All the plants are photoshopped. So taking those out leaves really basic models. a lot of Photoshop, then use chromatic aberration filters, and fine tune the colors 

Apr 19, 20 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

thank you.

· 
lmnoc1

A lot of WUSTL projects would look like this 

Apr 19, 20 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

thank you. I'll have a look.

· 
Koww

don't bother unless you want to be an illustration monkey

Apr 19, 20 6:07 pm  · 
 · 

That is some foolish advice. You'll only be a ______ monkey if ______ is all you know how to do.

· 
newbie.Phronesis

4 looks drawn, 2 looks like might be old-fashioned collage or just photoshop like kenchiku and Imnoc said

Apr 19, 20 6:13 pm  · 
 · 

thank you.

· 
OM..

look up "collage render" or "post digital render" on youtube and it will guide you through it.

Apr 23, 20 10:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: