Archinect
anchor

What are the softwares and methods used in these visualizations?

Hello everyone,

Architecture student here. Can someone describe the methods used to achieve these visualizations and illustrations? A very rough description or just the combination of software used will suffice. Thank you!

Regards,

Buddhika

Apr 19, 20 10:00 am

I'm familiar with software used in architectural modelling and visualization. I use Revit, Lumion, SketchUp and currently learning V-ray. I'm also familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. My problem is I'm finding it hard to understand the methods used to achieve these visualization styles.

For example for style no 3; my guess is modelling it in Revit, and finishing in Illustrator? but I'm not sure. I just want to get an idea on the software combinations and any specific techniques used specifically in these illustrations.

Apr 19, 20 10:51 am  · 
 · 
kenchiku

A very basic 3D model with no materials applied, rendered only for light/shadow and then taken into Photoshop and layered with different textures, colours, and objects.

Apr 19, 20 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

thank you.

Apr 21, 20 8:58 am  · 
 · 
lmnoc1

For 1, 2, All the plants are photoshopped. So taking those out leaves really basic models. a lot of Photoshop, then use chromatic aberration filters, and fine tune the colors 

Apr 19, 20 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

thank you.

Apr 21, 20 8:57 am  · 
 · 
lmnoc1

A lot of WUSTL projects would look like this 

Apr 19, 20 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

thank you. I'll have a look.

· 
Koww

don't bother unless you want to be an illustration monkey

Apr 19, 20 6:07 pm  · 
 · 

That is some foolish advice. You'll only be a ______ monkey if ______ is all you know how to do.

Jul 13, 20 10:48 am  · 
 · 
newbie.Phronesis

4 looks drawn, 2 looks like might be old-fashioned collage or just photoshop like kenchiku and Imnoc said

Apr 19, 20 6:13 pm  · 
 · 

thank you.

· 
OM..

look up "collage render" or "post digital render" on youtube and it will guide you through it.

Apr 23, 20 10:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: