Archinect
anchor

Cows, Architecture, and the Meaning of Life

Koww

With the closing of the FLW school it is clear that the development of new architectural curricula is paramount for a new era. But there is no reason to fear for if we study the relationship of cows and architecture through history we can learn much about the meaning of life and thereby be more effective architects. Furthermoor, by enrolling in this course you will become a better architect by considering cows when you design, henceforth unconsciously and involuntarily. Remember, if you can design for a cow, you can design for a human.

Jan 31, 20 1:26 am

2 Featured Comments

All 20 Comments

Non Sequitur

Design for cows?

Jan 31, 20 7:33 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Ha ha.

(Fancy British word for cow ditch.)

Jan 31, 20 8:23 am  · 
1  · 

Where does one sign up for the School of Arcowtecture?

Jan 31, 20 9:28 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I am amoosed by this comment

Jan 31, 20 10:21 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

I love this sow much

Jan 31, 20 10:39 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I didn't know those were called furthermoors. I like.

Jan 31, 20 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I've been trying to think of a good name for our farm/homestead, which is out in the countryside. "Furthermoor" is now a contender...

Jan 31, 20 11:04 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

:)

Mar 7, 20 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
midlander

i hate bovines and puns. cownt me out.

Jan 31, 20 11:11 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You guys are all delightful!

Jan 31, 20 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
Dokuser

Amazing. 10/10.

Feb 1, 20 10:04 am  · 
 · 
Koww

https://www.architectureartdesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1412-630x634.jpg

Did your client not like the samples you provided?

Do you stay up at night,

Image result for obama cow

Worry that America is irreparably divided?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/3e5YeCKOlkEkrkJmwxdGoe1tatTis0yg7yP8lrcSPQFzu19EgocojFYMtawFkTNfTN2lo2Er0wgta3B4B2R4xzBtc0G8dR54SxpTjqmSFVUsw8tN6tc

Well, rest assured!

Cows are the great equalizer.

Whether your name is Tex,

Image result for cowhide wall house

or your firm is REX

https://images.worldarchitecture.org/33-26-.jpg

You can always propose cowhide as an appropriate finish material.

Wouldn't you know?

Image result for le corbusier cow

It even worked for the Crow.

(I apologize, truly)

Feb 21, 20 12:29 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

The Le Corbusier, that's pony hide.

Feb 21, 20 8:47 am  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
This is timely, in light of Rem’s proposed colonization of the Countryside. A school to specifically study how best to exploit that mystery territory outside the cities could really give his ideas legs. A new Tailiesen could really focus a new generation on ways to milk the engorged realm of criminally underexploited (and federally subsidized) farms.
Feb 21, 20 6:59 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

cows are tasty. 

Feb 21, 20 7:44 am  · 
 · 
ODMA

Boo

Aug 11, 20 10:51 am  · 
Non Sequitur

rare at best, please. Don't waste my time with medium.

Aug 11, 20 11:02 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I’m so ready for lab-grown meat to replace eating actual animals! We’ll be designing cow-itecture to house cows that are just living a chill life knowing they won’t be slaughtered! Granted there will be far fewer of them.

Feb 21, 20 8:08 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

does that mean more revisions to the building codes to allow for bovine occupants?

Feb 21, 20 8:11 am  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

We already have to accommodate full-size moo-bility scooters, and those things carry quite the payload.

Feb 21, 20 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

Mooooo!

Feb 21, 20 11:15 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

You're late to the game - Art Deco and Streamline Moderne milk parlors are a recognized historical type in Ontario, California.

Feb 21, 20 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
whispers

best post on archinect

Feb 21, 20 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
revolutionary poet

who smelt it dealt it.

Mar 6, 20 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
Koww

said the rhyme did the crime

Mar 7, 20 9:19 am  · 
 · 
revolutionary poet

haha....who denied it supplied it!

Mar 7, 20 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Koww

This is still in DD, but because of the orientation and wind pressure on this cow we might have to use 10" metal studs spaced at 4" center to center. 

The client wants to VE one of the stomachs (which might serve a second function as a mass damper) but that's a story for another day.

Aug 11, 20 5:39 am  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

Should the utters not sway in the direction of the wind tho? Seems like an error and would add less drag to the system.

Aug 11, 20 7:38 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Username is on point!

Enjoy: Doja Cat - "Mooo!"

Aug 11, 20 8:57 am  · 
 · 
ODMA

In all the joking going on here, I'm genuinely in the middle of a research project exploring the distributed agency of cows in the landscape.

Aug 11, 20 10:45 am  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

I think that cow wind load diagram  is from the twitter account Science Diagrams That Look Like Shitposts, yes? 

Aug 11, 20 11:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: