Archinect
anchor

internship questions

Yun_bw

Hi, 

I have few questions regarding internship in the USA as an undergrad international student 

background: I'm based in Los Angeles, California and recently I have transferred to university from CC, and after talking with my peers regarding internship for the upcoming summer, I was told most firms deadline around march (I didn't expect to be this early).  So, I'm slightly lost regarding this whole internship process, etc and wanting some guidance. Most questions might be really basic and it might be a question in a question. I really  want to make sure the information I know is right and want to know more about interns through other members in the forum. Thank you so much

1. Where might be good places to find job or finding job listing? LinkedIn, school instructor, glassdor?

2. what do firms tend to look in a portfolio? since school and firms might look for complete different thing in a portfolio. Is there any good website that provides reliable basic/general information? does graphic portfolio means a good thing?

3. what might be the difference between working with a large firm compare to a small firm? like what will I be expecting to do or what kind of firm will I learn the most 

4. what will I be expecting to do as an intern? Probably its base on firm, but want to get a idea of what will normally happen. 

5. Any tip or tricks on how I can increase my chance to go for the firm I want?

Jan 5, 20 2:58 am
archflorida

Firms look for some usable skills and a good attitude. Interviews are always a two way street. 

Jan 5, 20 3:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: