Archinect
anchor

You know you’ve been on Archinect too long when ...

... one of your old threads is dredged up by a spammer.

Dec 4, 19 9:18 am
Non Sequitur

don’t keep us hanging Miles, did you ever get that dishwasher repaired?

Dec 4, 19 10:10 am  · 
 · 

I felt like I finally "made it" as an Archinect blogger the first time I got spam on one of my posts. Now it's just annoying.

Dec 4, 19 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

... when your ignore list is longer than the first page of the forum.

Dec 4, 19 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

... when you have reoccurring  nightmares of arguing with David Curtis. 

Dec 4, 19 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

Who the fuck is that and why are you scared of him?

Dec 4, 19 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I don't think anyone was scared by DC.

Dec 4, 19 2:15 pm  · 
 · 

David Curtis was such a colossal asshole that Archinect killed his account, deleted all his posts, and then did an overwrite of the deleted files with DoD 5220.22-M Wiping Standard.

Dec 4, 19 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

Edit: replace ‘was’ with ‘is’. DC will no doubt go off on a flaming twitter rant and threaten to sue me (again). Go ahead, make my day. :)

Dec 4, 19 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Oh DC!!! That guy is something else!

Dec 4, 19 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

His eyes and ears are everywhere...

Dec 4, 19 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

Looked him up. If I found the right guy he's running for president.

Dec 4, 19 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Chad, you found the right one.

Dec 4, 19 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

... when you wish surixurient would post again,

Dec 4, 19 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

... and kozumell. Jawknee has nothing on those 2 crazies.

Dec 4, 19 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Archlandia

You know you’ve been on Archinect too long when you've engaged in an unapologetic argument with another user

Dec 4, 19 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That's day one initiation.

Dec 4, 19 5:59 pm  · 
1  · 
Archlandia

exactly

Dec 4, 19 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor
When you don’t relate with “real” architects at work, but Archinect Forum is your all time cornerstone of “architectural” connections.
Dec 4, 19 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

... when you chirp on forum members outside the forums on other non arch related platforms.

Dec 4, 19 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

Apparently, DC returned as Designbot2022. If he does a lawsuit threat to Archinect, he just might be guilty of "unauthorized access to a computer system" under cyber crime laws of the various states, and federal law... especially if he had returned without permission. While it might not be technically "hacking", the laws does encompass unauthorize use in general since 1984 or so about. General enough, that it is basically a form of tresspassing through computers. It's one thing if a person returns unauthorized, it is another thing if they threaten to sue. If you are technically tresspassing, don't be a total jackass threatening to sue the owner. Kind of like a tresspassing suing a guest at the owner's property for harassment and defamation, after having tresspassed the owner's property. Really? DC, you weren't even suppose to be here on the forum when you were banned. Come on? There's a thing also in law.... "clean hands doctrine".

Jun 21, 22 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Do you generally walk up to yellowjacket holes and jam your hand down in them?

Jun 21, 22 6:31 pm  · 
1  · 

I think he's concerned that DC is going to try and sue me. It appears he's trying to make DC think twice. If so I appreciate the thought.

Jun 21, 22 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Dc is a fan of frivolous litigation.

Jun 21, 22 6:51 pm  · 
 · 

I hope not.  It's a waste of everyone's time and his money. 

Jun 21, 22 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Like a human rash, but without the charm.

Jun 21, 22 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

SneakyPete, absolutely if I have a gauntlet covering over a thick full body suit that doesn't allow them to wiggle their way into the suit and thicker than their stinger's length. Anyway, now that he should know and be thinking twice before trying any litigation against the Archinect forum and the forum's site owner besides Chad which he had been implying on twitter.

Jun 21, 22 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

DC, if you are still reading this, there are other forums and venues to spend your time. Suing Chad would likely be frivolous and likely not go very far. Suing Archinect forum and its owner just might be a case where you might end up in serious legal troubles. Since you are in Oregon, let's look at ORS 164.377. Just because Archinect hasn't actively pursued legal action against those that technically violates that law and similarly worded laws in other states and countries does not mean they can't pursue such legal action against you especially if you are threatening some implied intent to sue the forum or its site owner. You know that courts are not fond of rewarding someone for something that occured to them while they were doing something illegal. Like suing a property owner because you sprained your ankle or got hurt on the property of the property owner while you were trespassing that property. Take that into consideration... DC. You know you have some smarts so, it would be better for you to not waste time and money on this lawsuit stuff especially if doing so can wrap around and bite you in the ass. I am fairly confident that the site owner didn't explicitly given you permission to return to the forum and creating a new account. Now, if you want to be on the forum, it might help for people to tolerate you if you exercise more restraint with regards to threatening lawsuits. Anyway, you should be more respectful of others and also recognize the forum's regular users are mostly antithesis of your views so your views are likely to not be welcomed especially when they are strongly against such views. Private forums are not platforms for open and free expression. None of them are. Some are more than others but ultimately they all fall short. Now, why are you deplatformed again.... I don't know but they are legally free and entitled to ban people they don't like as long as it isn't discrimination of protected classes defined in the anti-discrimination laws. As long as that is the case, they can refuse service to anyone and that includes you, DC. I am pointing out that the forum has legal defenses and potential basis for counter legal actions against you. If you don't like the way the forum is operated, you can choose to go to another forum.

Jun 21, 22 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
rcz1001

Chad, I agree that it would be a waste of time and money for any such legal action.

Jun 21, 22 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
minimalista

When the interior mass of a 3D filament print reminds you of 3DH and Per Corell.

Jun 25, 22 7:37 pm  · 
5  · 

Hi.

Jun 25, 22 11:23 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: