Archinect
anchor

I am having issues to find a job as an Architect in London, can you advise?

mariajoaolima

Hi all,

I am trying to find and architecture job in London and is being a nightmare! I am not even being called for interviews!

I worked more than 2 years in Portugal, and where I was working I needed to make all my projects alone through all the stages! So was a quite of a learning fast as well!

I don't know how to work with Revit but I am a fast learner and all my software skills I learn by myself, so it won't be a problem (is something that I always explain on my cover letter)

I send always a cover letter after studying the studio website, my CV, a reference letter from my architect boss from Portugal, my ARB certificate and my Portfolio (is not the best one because from where I came we never made visuals, just plans and a lot of sections, but actually good plans)

I never been on an interview and is making me crazy and I am a really good worker, I know that! But I never get a chance to show that if I am not called to an interview... I'm starting to feeling that maybe I am really a bad architect...

Thank you all!

Btw, I even try to follow up my applications and I am never successful as well..

Nov 1, 19 6:10 pm

Brexit?

Nov 1, 19 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
mariajoaolima

do you think so?

Nov 1, 19 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

I knew a guy who was from out of the country, went to the Architectural Association, and got a job immediately after graduation, at a Starchitect's office.

Nov 1, 19 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
mariajoaolima

I think he was quite lucky! 

I do have a friend as well, he tried for 3 months looking for studios and no one ever called him for an interview.. he just got one interview and stated in that place because we knew someone inside the office...

Nov 2, 19 4:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: