Archinect
anchor

Architecture with undulating/uneven floors?

PRETENTIOUS

Hey, 

I am doing some research and as the title suggests, I am looking for architectural projects which have undulating or uneven floors.
Some examples I have found are :

The Agadir convention center proposal by OMA
The Rolex center by Sanaa

I am looking for more examples of similar floor condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Oct 14, 19 6:38 am
geezertect

Lots of buildings out there have uneven floors.  It's called bad construction.

Oh, maybe you mean INTENTIONALLY uneven floors.  Probably not a lot since only starchitects can get away with shit that dumb.

Oct 14, 19 10:15 am
PRETENTIOUS

Thanks for the potent opinion.

Arakawa Gins house, East Hampton NY

Oct 14, 19 11:17 am
PRETENTIOUS

Great, Thanks Miles :) 

I found another one if you're interested as well. It's by LADG called kid gets out.

gmpa

Google "Hundertwasser"

Oct 14, 19 5:35 pm
SneakyPete

While not strictly what you're looking for, the yokohama ferry terminal by (now defunct) FOA is interesting.

Oct 14, 19 5:38 pm
archi_dude

Any 2 story or greater building with post tensioned floor slabs.

Oct 14, 19 8:08 pm
arch76

parking structures, some air port terminals, pool decks... i think even our local mall has some slope in the floors...

Oct 14, 19 10:24 pm
JawkneeMusic

i really toyed with this idea and decided it was rotten.  somebody's bound to twist an ankle plus wheelchairs

Oct 14, 19 11:05 pm
PRETENTIOUS

How very boring :| If twisted ankles is your only concern then don't include undulated surfaces within the circulation. conceptual undulations can still manifest itself into the form...break away from the orthogonal my friend. ;)

Zbig

The Brazilian Pavilion at Osaka Expo 70 by Paulo Mendes da Rocha.

https://www.architectural-revi...

Oct 17, 19 8:00 am
a-f

Villa VPRO - MVRDV

Oct 17, 19 10:06 am

I’ve been trying to find this project in order to offer it as an example since the thread was created. Couldn’t remember the architect or name. Thanks.

PRETENTIOUS

Big ups ! Fantastic, thanks a lot. :)

a-f

The oblique function - Parent & Virilio

Oct 17, 19 10:08 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: