Archinect
anchor

Architecture student that plans moving out into the US looking for insight.

lautaroemilianotejedorgodoy

I hope you are having a wonderful day. My name is Lautaro, im 24 years old. Im an architecture student living in Argentina and working in an local architecture firm for 6 years. My father is an architect and taught me everything i know. As many would know, Argentina is facing a huge economical crisis along with inflation rates and crime rates very high. Honestly, im looking for options. Not only as future architect in the next couple of years, but also for a having a family where i can secure them with education and safety on the streets. Im hugely considering moving out from Argentina. I wanted to ask for your opinions in working as a junior architect in the United States. Any information or experiences you have would help me a lot.

Sincerely, Tejedor Lautaro.

Sep 6, 19 2:17 pm
Non Sequitur

skip the states, and keep going north.  It's nicer here in Canada.

Sep 6, 19 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Plenty is.

Sep 6, 19 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

Visas, etc are becoming increasingly problematic here in the US; much easier in Canada.  Work is steady (and busy), but that is being propped up by paper thin policies and the cracks are showing.

Sep 6, 19 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

This is a particularly bad time to be a Latino in the US - at the very least, wait to see the 2020 election results before coming here, or just go to Canada.

Sep 9, 19 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: