Archinect
anchor

'sup big dawg??

agent

Straight outta school you did time at some big shops, winning work with yo sketching skills..

Passed the registration exam at 25 and never looked back.

Principals at Gensla call you 'the one that got away' and you got 10 years of Middle East experience before it was cool..

Rumor has it you coordinated the structure for Lloyds London in one go.

Lord Fostah offered to make you partner, but you left to start your own gig, paying the bills with competition work for 15 years.

Last recession left you better off and you 've been turning down work since '08.

Now, 35 years into your celebrated career you sketch 'scrapers on a napkin at dinner partays in downtown NY, teaching the occasional studio at Mendrisio and editing books for Taschen in your downtime.

HFAIA is only a year's time ahead..

So, let me ask yo...

How 're ya feelin big dawg? Huh..?

Aug 7, 19 1:47 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 9 Comments

Non Sequitur

I'm fine... a little thirsty, but otherwise nothing to complain about.  Thanks for asking, dawg.

Aug 7, 19 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Isn't it spelled Dwg?

Aug 7, 19 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I think it's rvt now.

Aug 7, 19 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Hittin' the sauce a little early this afternoon, are we?

Aug 7, 19 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

Doing a bit of creative writing while drunk and high are we?

Aug 7, 19 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
msparchitect

well done.

Aug 7, 19 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
AlinaF

I think one needs years of Archinect experience to fully appreciate this post. 

Excellent first post OP. 

Aug 9, 19 8:03 pm  · 
2  · 
Scent_of_a_woman

The OP wants to meet the big dawg.. The one that makes it all happen..The rainmaker.. Da rainmaika..

Aug 30, 19 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Has anyone ever wondered how Alber Speer would explain the sky exposure plane?

Aug 30, 19 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

in German??

Aug 30, 19 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

More like a Nazi Salute lol

Aug 30, 19 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

5/10.

Aug 30, 19 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

lol

Aug 30, 19 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

"Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1";[2][3] that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends. "

Aug 30, 19 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Ironically, Hitler's Dictum describes the likelihood that Godwin's Law will be invoked soon after the mention of Nazis.

Sep 1, 19 9:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: