Archinect
anchor

ASU vs IIT CHICAGO

Ar22

hello everyone,

I have admits from ASU and IIT Chicago for M.arch course .

I am not able to choose one between them, as IIT is best ranked but is quite expensive than ASU.

Though I always wanted to study in Chicago, but then the financial factor also matters a bit. 

So, can anybody suggest what would be the best choice among these two, considering the future factors regarding job prospects, career ecposure,etc ...too.

Thanks in advance !!

Jun 11, 19 2:33 pm
OneLostArchitect

I heard ASU is number one party school in the country!

Jun 11, 19 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Ar22

That's the most common thing that I have heard !!

But how about the academics and the jobs perspectives?? 

Which amongst the ASU & IIT would be a better option for M.arch??

Jun 14, 19 2:02 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Who are the professors currently teaching in the master's programs at each? What does their work look like? Arizona has some great modernist architects, if you can nab a studio or two with one of them, I'd probably go that route. IIT just switched deans which is really great news, but I'm not sure who the prominent faculty are really...

Jun 14, 19 9:21 am  · 
 · 
midlander

given they've chosen a dean who is kind of a talent scout for architects i guess that's the problem iit is trying to redress

Jun 14, 19 10:18 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Agreed. Kroloff did good things at the other schools he has helmed. I'm hoping to see a resurgence in good practitioners and academics at IIT.

Jun 14, 19 10:52 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Kroloff puts on a good show in terms of the caliber of lecturers and visiting critics he can bring in and generate press attention and buzz. He may or may not have time for rank and file students and alumni. He's pretty picky in terms of who he chooses to associate with.

May 12, 20 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
meghnachatterjee

Hi everyone,

I am in the same page right now. I have recived admission letters for the M.Arch from: IIT-Chicago, SAIC, ASU, Iowa State University. Finance is an important factor for me to study in the US and with the scholarship and TA ship. Also the job opportunities in the same field. If any of you could suggest me the best to opt for...Though I am deferring it for a year because of the COVID-19. Kindly help me out with this. 

May 11, 20 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

IIT is probably the strongest program of the bunch and gives you access to the largest and most diverse job market of any listed - Chicago. 

May 11, 20 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

It's also expensive as all get out.

May 12, 20 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Phoenix is growing, Chicago is not and is not likely to.

May 12, 20 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Haha Hadude

Who really wants to live in Pheonix though.. what a shithole

May 14, 20 7:03 pm  · 
 · 

You can check out this article for some tips too:

Good luck!

May 14, 20 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: