Archinect
anchor

What really matters.

x-jla

post pics, words, phrases, and stories of the things that really matter in life.  These should be the priorities of design imo, whether creating private or public spaces.  They can be personal, or general.  

I’ll add some when I get a chance...)

Jun 3, 19 1:49 pm

C'mon, ya'll, post some good news!  IMO any day that I don't have a canker sore I at least have *something* to be grateful for!

Credit to Marc Miller's suggestion on TC and his wonderful hashtag #humblednotbrag. 

Jun 3, 19 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

I revisited Cosanti Foundation last weekend, two times. I had first visited it circa 1979, and I'm pretty sure it played a large part in inspiring me to be an architect.

This image has it all: light, concrete, bronze, wind. All the senses employed, all handmade.

Jun 3, 19 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I have one hanging on my patio:)

Jun 3, 19 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Drinking out of small expresso cups I bought there two years ago! Great history lesson for Architects anybody who thought sustainability and smart growth was conceived in this century should go get an education and review what Paolo had in mind years earlier..... problem was he had no business plan and could execute on his theories at the time. Unfortunately my opinion of the place is ruined by the smell, debris and garbage that you encounter when you arrive.

Jun 5, 19 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

Always- The junior weekly reading...

Jun 3, 19 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody
joseffischer

Probably late to the game, but Georgia is adopting the 2018 editions of IBC and NFPA and I just learned the business occupancy ramifications (150 SF/person and new suboccupancies for those pesky "co-work" spaces and conference rooms).  On second thought, this probably matters very little to most, but I'm excited.

Jun 3, 19 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Thinking about our place in the cosmos matters....we live in an amazing universe...check out this  17 billion solar mass black hole recently discovered...)  some may find it scary, but I find it very beautiful.  

Jun 3, 19 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

and the fact that gardens like this exist...

Jun 3, 19 6:12 pm  · 
 · 

My daughter has been running around pants-less and peeing on my hardwood floors all day. That's right, it's potty training time. 

Jun 3, 19 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Oie. We’ve been on that for a while. Good luck.

Jun 3, 19 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Could be worse. Could be carpet.

Jun 3, 19 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

^or shit

Jun 3, 19 9:10 pm  · 
 · 

I moved the giant area rug out last night.

Jun 3, 19 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

We have large foam puzzle pieces in strategic places. The 60+ year old hardwood floor has certainly seen worse over its life.

Jun 4, 19 11:10 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

When my poor old dog was in her last months, I was very happy to have a very thick coat of urethane on the hardwood floors.

Jun 4, 19 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Urinethane

Jun 4, 19 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
randomised
When’s your homework due?
Jun 4, 19 8:55 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Eugène Huzar, 1857:

(yes...1857!)
Jun 4, 19 9:08 am  · 
 · 

Yeah, but in 2019 I can get a countertop with recycled plastic in it that will help me with a LEED point ... so, we good right? 

/sarcasm

Jun 4, 19 11:17 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Let's not forget recycling our beer cans.

Jun 4, 19 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

We good? Apparently we doomed, see below...

Jun 4, 19 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

tones and textures rock

Jun 5, 19 1:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: