Archinect
anchor

What would you do?

FILSON

If you can't work abroad because you don't have a work visa, and you just finished architecture and currently studying masters. 

If your goal is to live and study abroad.

• would you apply for another master abroad, than try to find a job within 3 months (if you didn't find a job you'll be forced to return to your hometown)
  • would study a PHD abroad that will guarantee you staying in the country (but you'll end up with no work experience) and After your PHD you'll apply to work Abroad
  • would you quite your current master (if one to two years still remains) and apply to a master abroad

May 28, 19 4:31 pm
JLC-1

would revise my goal

May 28, 19 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
FILSON

how would this helps?

May 28, 19 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

to live and study abroad is not a goal - that's how.

May 28, 19 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

I'd question what the end is if working abroad is the means.

May 28, 19 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

I'd prostrate myself on the internet seeking anonymous advice.

May 28, 19 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I’d stop asking random internet people to make adult decisions for you. Second, I’d realize that more education is probably not the answer.  Then I’d revise my goals to something realistic, like getting that first job and building experience. Fourth, I’d hit the pub for a beer. 

May 28, 19 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
Jacq Arch

Person after my own heart!

May 29, 19 9:27 am  · 
 · 
Sami EK

Hey Filson, where exactly is abroad? Advise may vary depending on where you wish to go. 

You don't need a work Visa for most countries if you are a student and are applying for an internship. 

May 28, 19 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
FILSON

Hello Sami, by

Jun 1, 19 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
1likejam

Filson, where are you from? as Sami says, the advice and process may vary depending on where you are and where you intend to go.

May 29, 19 5:02 am  · 
 · 
FILSON

I'm from Lebanon, by abroad I mean either US or European countries like Denmark, Netherlands, France...

Jun 1, 19 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

"If you can't work abroad because you don't have a work visa..." 

Why don't you simply get a work visa? That's what I did when I wanted to work abroad.

May 29, 19 9:17 am  · 
 · 
FILSON

How do you do so? you mean before applying for jobs?

Jun 1, 19 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

This depends on what country you are a citizen of and what country you are trying to work in. Often, you will require a sponsor from the firm you will ultimately work for in your visa application. This is completely normal. As an American, I did this in England once and Germany twice. My current office in America has plenty of people on work sponsored visas. If you want to work abroad, just go do it. Millions of people around the world do this every year.

Jun 3, 19 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
randomised
If your goal is to live and study abroad, go live and study abroad.
Jun 2, 19 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
reciclagem

Good question.

Jun 2, 19 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: