Archinect
anchor

WSJ House of the Day II

Volunteer

FLW's 1939 Sondern-Adler house in Kansas City, Mo. is on the market for $1.65 million. The 60 year old owner is looking for a less maintenance-intensive house. 

Feb 27, 19 7:27 pm

That multi-color brick seems odd for FLW, no?

Feb 27, 19 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

I agree. Probably built by the owner with little supervision from Wright.

Feb 28, 19 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
LuxuryEstates

Jack Howe supervised the building

Jul 12, 19 9:08 am  · 
 · 

FLW loved texture, and the pattern runs through the interior. 

What a sweet house. Here in Paradise all you can buy for that price is a ratty 1200 SF 60's ranch on a small lot.

Feb 27, 19 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
karyssa2

Wow, I love that house. The brick porch (I imagine that's the rear), filling the space in square around the L-shaped house, I just love it. And at the far bottom of the porch, the wood that meets the bricks, what's up with that? I don't know, but it all looks awesome. And the red color of the house in and out, I love it. But unfortunately, even with my higher-than-the-typical-architect money, at $1.65, I'm afraid to say, it will never be in my possession. It all looks so great, if it weren't for how it sits in such an elitist sauna.

Feb 27, 19 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
LuxuryEstates

Like many masterpieces before it, the Sondern-Adler house is headed to auction. FLW fans can see updated pictures and even register to bid at HA.com/FrankLloydWrightKC

Jul 9, 19 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'll give ya 3 crumpled up yankee dollars for it.

Jul 9, 19 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

are we getting paid to move to kansas city? didn't think so.....you can keep it, thanks

Jul 9, 19 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

So like $2.28 worth of maple syrup?

Jul 11, 19 11:44 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

leave my syrup alone.

Jul 11, 19 11:46 am  · 
 · 
arch76

shows well on craigslist. nice price.

cp--------|----x---np

Jul 12, 19 12:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: