Archinect
anchor

Container home with basement

ethanbaker

I’ve been looking into container homes but haven’t came across much info on any with basements. I understand the stress that is put onto the containers from back fill when they are buried. But what I’m having trouble finding is containers over a traditional style basement (block/concrete). My main concern is sealing where they would meet. Any suggestions on this? Which route would be the best or just scrap the basement idea if going with a container home. Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions

Sep 19, 18 10:41 pm
Non Sequitur

Just use plenty of caulking, or scrap the whole container anything idea.  It's not 2001 anymore.

Sep 19, 18 11:02 pm
JLC-1

bury another container

Sep 20, 18 8:22 am
Non Sequitur

But, according to the op:

"I understand the stress that is put onto the containers from back fill when they are buried"

Perhaps the solution here is to back fill with additional shipping containers.

JLC-1

Anything can be a container. Stress from backfill? Try being the container under 40 other container friends crossing the black sea in january.

JLC-1

Fill it with water before backfill, instant indoor basement pool.

Non Sequitur

put it on the vertical and you've got yourself a claustrophobia inducing 40' deep scuba training coffin!

JLC-1

Awesome!

randomised

Build your basement at ground level :P

Sep 21, 18 8:01 am

A real architect would have left off the smiley face.

randomised

what smiley face?

Emoji, whatever.

randomised

Whatever? Eye for detail!

Sam Apoc

good thread.  would read again

Sep 21, 18 9:23 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: