Jul 30, 18 1:23 pm
geezertect

Because they can.   What a racket!!

Jul 30, 18 1:26 pm  · 
 · 

The game is rigged?

Jul 30, 18 3:26 pm  · 
 · 

Soon we will have data on the pass rates of ARE 5.0 I suspect that with the lac of a particular focus to study for there may be a slight uptick in the number of exams people would otherwise have to retake. I am glad I finished 4.0 this spring.

Jul 31, 18 9:18 am  · 
 · 

5.0 Pass rates have been out since around July 2017 ... https://www.ncarb.org/pass-are/are5/pass-rates ... there is always a drop in the pass rates for a new division.

Jul 31, 18 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

I think in a year we will have a usable comparison. ARE 4.0 had pass rates in the 777-62% range when it came out. One thing that I find interesting is the gradual slide in the pass rate of Programming planning and practice division and the CDs division. https://www.ncarb.org/pass-are/are5/pass-rates/pass-rates

Aug 1, 18 8:59 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

If you can't afford $15*6=$90 in a 5-year period, this profession is probably not for you. lol.

Aug 1, 18 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

If you can't figure out that $235-$210 = $25, then this profession is probably not for you. lol.

Aug 2, 18 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Mistake accepted. However, if one cant afford $25*6=$300 in a 5-year span, one should go flip burgers.

Aug 2, 18 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Now that I've become registered I really feel like we should raise the base fees to $500/test and also upcharge $125 penalties for retakes so that people hesitate to take the test for fear of failure.  I don't need any more competition!

Aug 1, 18 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Didn't NCARB say they weren't going to change the prices when they released 5.0?  I distinctly remember that, and remember thinking they were trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.  So happy I took 4.0.

Aug 2, 18 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Yes! They said they weren't going to raise the rates for 5.0 until they retired 4.0. 

...oh wait, that's exactly what is happening.

Aug 2, 18 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Ahh! Must've blocked that part out since I was planning to finish in 4.0. To be fair, it still costs the same overall to finish all of the exams. It just sucks that it's more per exam.

Aug 2, 18 4:40 pm  · 
 · 

It actually works out to be $60 less overall, but who's focused on that? 

I feel like I made out like a bandit because I transitioned and only needed to take 5 exams instead of 6 (5.0 only) or 7 (4.0 only). My firm reimbursed me for the costs of the exams and I was able to sell some study material that I got on discount anyway. On top of all that, there was the extra $200 for being an early tester in 5.0 for the two exams I took. All in, I probably made money on my exams.

Aug 2, 18 4:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: