Archinect
anchor

Suggestions required for elevation

zaftab

Hello, 

I am renovating a house and have a 28 x 26 ft terrace. I am looking to create a gym with a nice elevation. Can anyone suggest dimension and elevation of the terrace with gym? I have attached the layout. Thanks

Jul 11, 18 11:52 am
Non Sequitur

Have you considered hiring an architect?

Jul 11, 18 11:56 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Can we just make this the official Archinect forums header?

Jul 11, 18 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

There should be an option under the flag drop down menu to add this as a badge to the posts.

Jul 11, 18 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Or at least a filter option.

Jul 11, 18 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

I nominate for featured comment

Jul 11, 18 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
zaftab

Yes i have hired an architect but not liking his recommendations on this particular area. I am looking for some innovative options. 

Jul 11, 18 2:54 pm  · 
Non Sequitur

Then hire a better architect. Don't come here looking for free advice you cheapskate.

Jul 11, 18 3:00 pm  · 
1  · 
zaftab

Mind your language please! If you arent willing to help, just keep your butts shut!

Jul 11, 18 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Language? what fucking language? You're looking for free advice from people who make a living on said advice. Enjoy your shitty budget renovation.

Jul 11, 18 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
zaftab

Mind your your fucking language. Seems like you dont have any work and trying to make a fucking living from your shitty work! No wonder you dont have anything to do. LOL

I never mentioned I am looking for free help. But I am not paying fuckers like you to even clean my toilet! Go fuck yourself!

Jul 11, 18 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have plenty of paying clients and work to keep me busy thrice over, thanks for asking. Must be your first time on the internets.

Jul 11, 18 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
zaftab

I thought I joined a community of sophisticated people. Didnt know there are frustrated like like this dude here. God bless this community. I am unsubsribing from this shit hole.

Jul 11, 18 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You did join such a community. Plenty of sophisticated and intelligent architects here, myself included. You just came in asking for free work while offering nothing in return.

Jul 11, 18 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

that escalated quickly, where's balkins when you need him?

Jul 11, 18 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm sure RickyB can elaborate on what a gym with nice elevation on a suburban terrace requires.

Jul 11, 18 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

I'm betting on a desert view, don't know why.

Jul 11, 18 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Free of charge gym elevation.  I can't believe others were complaining about you.  Good luck on your project (don't you like how it looks like a spaceship?  I do)

Jul 11, 18 4:03 pm  · 
3  · 
senjohnblutarsky

Is cheapskate a bad word?

Shit. 

Jul 11, 18 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

Can anyone suggest dimension and elevation of the terrace with gym?

Yes.

Jul 11, 18 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I get opportunities to work for free every day lately. Archinect is supposed to be our break from this.

Jul 11, 18 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Does this sort of thing happen in other industries? The gall...

Jul 11, 18 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

The police and firemen are free.

Jul 11, 18 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

From Zero to 'F' in so few comments.  People are getting much more efficient.

Political sites' comments sections are looking positively fuzzy by comparison.

Jul 11, 18 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

I'd like to take some credit for this. I think it started in earnest after I first posted "consulting fees start at ...".

The very least some of these assholes could do is buy us a couple rounds first. We're whores, not sluts.

Jul 11, 18 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
Fivescore

All these preposterous requests lately have to be by the same troll, right?  Either that or somebody's running research on us, to see what approach will best get free services, or how manipulable architects are or something?  Even the most clueless homeowner wouldn't ask for ideas about the elevation when we don't know what the house looks like, would they?  Is this really sincerely a new, way dumber generation of homeowners?

Jul 11, 18 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I avoid conspiracy theories, but some of the requests we've seen (like this one) are so vague and lazy they just have to be fake, right?

It almost makes me nostalgic for the legit (if annoying) rambling queries by super-enthusiastic property buyers of yore.

Jul 11, 18 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

(BTW, I'm registering Vague & Lazy as my new firm name.)

Jul 11, 18 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

the op question and attached plan are a total joke.

Jul 11, 18 5:22 pm  · 
 · 

Gimme gimme to fuck you in four posts. I think that's a new record.

Next time we all ought to stand back and let Ricky handle it. Or at most post referrals to him.

Jul 11, 18 7:13 pm  · 
1  · 
proto

Sure it’s a necro-bump, but the suggestion to DM him directly is genius…that absolutely has to be the response going forward…

Oct 28, 21 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Great necro thread.

Oct 29, 21 7:51 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

This is pretty much how architecture goes in real life too. Someone needs something and you have to help them for free or get screamed at.

Jul 12, 18 7:57 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Try calling 911. (Kidding -- do NOT actually do that.)

Jul 12, 18 8:06 am  · 
 · 

"9-11. What is the nature of your emergency?"

"Somebody on the internet told me to call you."

Jul 12, 18 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

"9-11. What is the nature of your emergency?" 

"Somebody on the internet called my Bauhaus inspired portfolio cover a clusterfuck "

Jul 12, 18 10:00 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

"I ​required some architects to suggest an elevation and they refused!" Love the use of that verb too. Required.

Jul 12, 18 10:04 am  · 
 · 

Archinect could have a 9-11 button that rings Ricky.

Jul 12, 18 10:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: