Archinect
anchor

Help

james121

Hi there, 

So I am moving back to England after studying Architectural Technology in Denmark. Im just wondering which websites people use for finding information on. eg detail drawings, standard building procedures, regulations. Or any particularly helpful websites or books
Sites that are easy to navigate and find the information required when designing a building and creating drawings. 

I just want a head start before I come home and start working.
All information would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
James

Apr 20, 18 2:52 pm
Non Sequitur

you should already know how to detail buildings.  That why you went to school.

Apr 20, 18 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
james121

what a horrific answer lol I hope you don’t just fabricate all your details :/ 

I ask because there are very good websites and books in Denmark which are easily accessible and helpful. I was wondering if it was the same in England. We have different regulations over here 

Apr 20, 18 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's a real answer. Googling construction details without knowing what you're doing is a terrible idea. Relying on the fundamentals of your training and asking questions to the senior staff in the office is much better than random internet searches.

Apr 20, 18 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
auninja91

These forums are nice a cozy, filled with support and love =]                                                                                                                           

I googled england architectrual standards and a bunch of gov resources came up

http://www.arb.org.uk/

Maybe if you can get in contact with someone from the site they can point you in the right direction

Apr 20, 18 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
james121

Thankyou :)

Apr 20, 18 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: