Archinect
anchor

Graduating with BFA in Sculpture, interested in becoming an Architect

Hello,

I am new to the community.

I'm about to graduate with a BFA in interdisciplinary sculpture. I have always had an interest in architecture but given my trajectory being an artist was more familiar. I've worked in artist studio's rendering shows and projects in Rhino/ Autocad for proposals and fabrication. Some of the projects had me work alongside architects, giving me a glance into the practice. Suffice to say it has enticed my interest even more. 

It will be a few years before I am able to go back to school to pursue a MArch. But in the meantime, I am looking to gain experience so that I can confirm I am making the right decision.  

From speaking with architecture students, some firms seem to prefer the idea of hiring artists over others. What/where do you suggest starting in an architecture firm? (my eyes are on New York, Berlin, LA but pretty much everywhere) 

-M

Apr 13, 18 3:30 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: