Archinect
anchor

Desk Lamps

Hey Architects, I like the pastels option for the Paul Smith Edition. Also, can't beat a $10 option.

Not a fan of the most expensive one listed; the Carlos Esc. Cobra

Other suggestions?

Via The Strategist

Apr 4, 18 12:12 am

Previously in 2005 and 2007 Ikea came up (as it did this time) more than once.

Apr 4, 18 12:14 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I picked up my lamps off the streets for free, can't tell the brand or how much they cost, they simply work and look great doing so. They are hanging lamps though. Don't like desk lamps, they usually fall off the table or don't allow enough space for books or other clutter. I like the colours of the Paul Smith one.

Apr 4, 18 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Tolomeos are pretty, but switches and tension hardware can wear out on them.  Luxo lamps seem to last forever, though.  We have ones from the 70's that are still going strong.

Apr 4, 18 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

We have these 1" wide by 8" long desk lamps.  Total thickness is maybe 1/4"... it's all sleek.  The lamp itself is not powerful enough unless you get it close to your desk, and then you have a ring effect.  I've complained/threatened multiple times that I was gonna go to home depot and get a couple T5s and hang it 3' off my desk surface by the cheapest chain I could find.  3 years in and still using this cruddy lamp.

Apr 4, 18 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

My favorite.  Tizio.

Apr 4, 18 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: