Archinect
anchor

Working at Adjaye Associates

daniek

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anybody out there has worked at Adjaye Associates, If so how was it?

Do you think an internship there would be a great resume boost?

Jan 15, 18 9:12 am
Non Sequitur

It depends.

Is there a real salary? 

What is the expect level of involvement in projects?

Names on CVs don't go as far as demonstrable work experience.

Jan 15, 18 9:28 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Yes it would, they get to work on interesting commissions and I believe they pay their interns. Don't know how involved you will be and how much you will be able to learn, that's also up to you and how much you put into it yourself, no? I would like to work with Adjaye once, am a fan since Dreamspaces.

Jan 15, 18 10:34 am  · 
 · 
hellion

I loved that series.

Jan 15, 18 7:01 pm  · 
 · 

Pay isn't great. Hours are super long. Hierarchy is David first, everyone else second. David is god. Work is amazing though. Many of their NYC employees are from one of his Yale, Princeton, etc. studios that he has taught over the years. Talented people. People who leave have a leg up in their next gig. 

Jan 15, 18 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
daniek

Thank you for all your replies! The office I'm talking about is the one in London but I'm guessing the working environment is pretty much the same as NYC.

Jan 16, 18 10:38 am  · 
BulgarBlogger

It would be funny if they didn't pay their interns, considering the owner/founder should know something about slavery...

Jan 16, 18 10:40 am  · 
randomised

Why should he know something about slavery?

Jan 16, 18 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Because he designed the Museum of African American History...

Jan 16, 18 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Let me guess- you thought I was being racist? lol jeez... my mind can't even flow without having to be worried about whether I'm PC or not

Jan 16, 18 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I thought you were just being you, and I didn't think for a second about that stupid museum. You set me up!

Jan 17, 18 9:41 am  · 
 · 
Kriv

He made a lot of employees cry. Especially female interns.

Aug 6, 23 6:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: