Archinect
anchor

Help!

tobytj
May I know what that thing is called. The one that is cracked.

Dec 6, 17 6:40 am
Non Sequitur
Bad paint job? I mean, there is clearly a horizontal joint below the angle, why not align the color split there?
Dec 6, 17 7:40 am  · 
 · 
randomised

The colour probably aligns with doors in the corridor or something.

Dec 6, 17 8:21 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Probably, silly interior decorators, but still... why not just paint the whole damn thing?

Dec 6, 17 8:22 am  · 
 · 
randomised

So the space feels higher/less low or perhaps the dark paint is too expensive?

Dec 6, 17 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Its a track to manage electrical and Audio/Visual wiriring.

Dec 6, 17 8:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Toby, please note that like yesterday's "help" discussion, we're not here to do your homework.  Your question is elementary school level.  If you can tie your shoes, you're qualified to answer this question.

Dec 6, 17 8:21 am  · 
 · 
Zbig

The thing that is cracked is a structural support for the floors above. You should consult with a qualified structural engineer to evaluate the damage and recommend a remediation solution. It will not be a "do it yourself" kind of thing.

Dec 6, 17 10:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The OP is a student, as per his own admission in yesterday's post. Besides that, that piece might support something other than the floor, perhaps a beam... or serve as a shear wall capital to mitigate punching shear at the slab. Feeling generous this morning.

Dec 6, 17 10:06 am  · 
 · 
poop876

Column bracket, but as engineering has improved over past few months, we've realized those are not necessary and you can just use a sledge hammer and punch it out. It will come out at the control joint.

Dec 6, 17 10:26 am  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

DO YOUR OWN FUCKING HOMEWORK

Dec 6, 17 11:08 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Don't feed the bears.

Dec 6, 17 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
t a z

Corbel.

Dec 6, 17 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
wonkaindoorplayground

sorry i don't no

Dec 6, 17 11:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: