Sep 26, 17 8:30 am

2 Featured Comments

All 10 Comments

joeuk

This won't end well. 

Sep 26, 17 8:32 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Sky hooks.  That's about all you need to know. 

Sep 26, 17 9:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Atoms.

Sep 26, 17 9:37 am  · 
 · 

Antimatter.

Sep 26, 17 9:51 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

materials are solid

Sep 26, 17 10:16 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

bullshit! Materials are mostly empty space between electrons.

Sep 26, 17 11:21 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

are you saying the void is structural?

Sep 26, 17 11:22 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

beautiful david, there used to be a lot more tennis bubbles around. too bad it hasn't go beyond jumping castles.

Sep 26, 17 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

laser beams 

Sep 26, 17 11:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Lasers and skyhooks mounted to drones.

Also, the drones wear fedoras.

Sep 26, 17 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
eibbor

get a book on materials and methods, a physics mechanics book, a statics book, a mechanics of materials book, & I think a structural analysis book(I'll confirm this one in an hour or two).

Sep 26, 17 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
TED

I often think Archinect initiates some of these these threads so to get more hits when the traffic is slow.  Just saying.

Sep 26, 17 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

In a way, you're right. Archinect holds first time posters' posts from going live until it has been approved. So even if they aren't initiating the thread, they review it and let it through.

Sep 26, 17 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
randomised

It often depends on the first responder(s) how a post like this develops, most are D.O.A.

Sep 27, 17 2:50 am  · 
 · 
eibbor

You'll also want to know how to solve for indeterminate forms, which can be found in the analysis book "Structural Analysis" by Hibbler, something I don't yet know how to do.

Sep 26, 17 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

Yes, you will be a total failure as an architect if you can't solve indeterminate structures with the stiffness matrix method

Sep 26, 17 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: