Archinect
anchor

Rendering Fee

iacobus

I am wondering what you would charge for the 3 renderings shown below (sized to print on 11x17)

I’d appreciate if you could also include the region you’re in so I could try to adjust accordingly. (a rendering in Montana is probably less than one in Los Angeles, am I right?)

How I’ve typically done it in the past is... I give a client a quote for the work which was based on how many hours I thought it would take. The more renderings I’ve done the better I’ve gotten at judging the amount of time needed. Seems like a decent strategy but if anyone has a better option then I’m all ears.

Thanks

Aug 3, 17 7:52 pm
s=r*(theta)

not bad, im thinking $300-$400 for the set

Aug 3, 17 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Go with your original strategy, seems to work for you, no?...what do you normally charge for something like these renders if I may ask?

Aug 4, 17 2:59 am  · 
 · 
Nats

Look at the the time required X your hourly rate based on your desired annual salary minus holidays and sickness add outgoings you will have over that time (power, heating etc) and any costs (printing etc) and then add a profit margin of around 20% should work. In the UK I would produce those three renders for a job for not less than £2000.

Aug 4, 17 4:12 am  · 
 · 
iacobus

Thanks Nats. So just to clarify would you charge 2000 for each rendering? or 2000 for all three?

Aug 4, 17 12:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: