Archinect
anchor

20 Years Of Practice ... Lost My Focus & Drive

sameolddoctor
I blame the stupid millennials for not working as hard, making us oldies work hard.
Aug 5, 17 9:59 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

project architect is a different job than majority owner/ managing a firm.  part of the problem is the OP is still taking calls as a PA.  he can't stop doing his old job while also taking on the responsibilities of his new job.  resources are mismanaged because his firm leadership, which is him, is mismanaging resources.

blaming younger staff because you can't do your job is unbecoming.

Aug 5, 17 10:31 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Exactly. I'm newly graduated (2011) and licensed (2016?) and I'm PA on jobs of the scale that the OP describes. My bosses, with 10 to 20 years more experience, manage the firm (not the projects). There's a big difference.

Aug 5, 17 10:51 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Also, it takes some one exceedingly unselfaware to come on here and complain about millennial laziness, while himself not willing to put in the work to manage his own firm, nor make the necessary changes to give himself a better life balance. My superiors in his position come in later and leave earlier, and take frequent vacations. But nobody on staff minds because we're treated well, and they bring in work. As it should be.

Aug 5, 17 10:57 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

You're making the assumption that the OP has real world control over the work of the department. He isn't an owner, yet. For all we know, he is micromanaged to death by the ones above him. It happens.

Aug 5, 17 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: