Archinect
anchor

Where do you place the kitchen?

Alexi889

Hi,

I'm just asking.

Where do you place the kitchen in your design? I prefer it to be in the geographical north-east corner . But it's hard to design that way for all the house. This position will let in apt natural light into the kitchen during the morning and daytime. 

What about you?

Aug 8, 16 1:20 am
Non Sequitur
I simply read the position of the spaces in the concentric blood circles caused by my weekly goat sacrifices.
Aug 8, 16 4:14 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

The northeast is the knowledge corner.  You want earth elements, not fire in that corner.

Usually use birds for haruspicy but whatever...

Aug 8, 16 7:19 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i like the powder room toilet to face the cooking range directly so when taking a break I can see whats frying from the john

Aug 8, 16 7:37 am  · 
 · 
Zbig

Adjacent to the dining areas, but with direct access to outdoor trash/recycling areas.\

Aug 8, 16 8:36 am  · 
 · 

As far as possible away from my valuable and breakable art, because the kitchen is where the parties happen.

Aug 8, 16 8:53 am  · 
 · 

Place it for breakfast, as per client work patterns, and please close it away from the public space unless they have a full-time staff to keep the pots & pans neatly put away.

Aug 8, 16 10:00 am  · 
 · 
threadkilla

As close as possible to the garage.
Ideal american house allows people to go from their couch to Walmart, and back to their kitchen without being exposed to the elements or having to actually interact with anyone. 

Aug 8, 16 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

downstairs, where else?

Aug 8, 16 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

A professor in grad school once told me: "Every American wants to fall out of bed and land in their bathroom, and fall out of their car and land in their kitchen."

Aug 8, 16 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Second floor if good water views.
Aug 8, 16 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
elizabethgrant

You can find something new for your kitchen here: https://houseofenki.com/kitchen.html 

Nov 3, 16 11:28 am  · 
 · 
gwharton

Where the bird entrails tell me to place it.

Nov 3, 16 11:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: