Archinect
anchor

DOB New York City - Energy Tabular Analysis

sbraga

Hello Guys, happy fourth of July!

I am a draftsman working on drawings for New York City Department of Building filings. Currently, I am working on some small projects like a new small restaurant ~ 1,200 square ft., floor renovation for a Juice Shop ~ 800 square ft. Also, I am working on some interior renovation for residential projects, like changing interior partitions etc. I am doing the architectural designing, just the the drawings for NYC DOB filings to get work permits etc.

The NYC DOB requires the Energy Analysis on the plans, that is why I am asking for some  help. Can someone give me a basic explanations of how it works?

Thank you so much!

Jul 4, 16 2:08 pm
BulgarBlogger

Use comcheck and do your energy analysis for lighting only... Much easier than tabulat analysis for this type of work, but you need to know the quantity and output (in watts) of each type of fixture.

Jul 4, 16 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
sbraga

@BulgarBlogger for the projects where the lighting fixture and building envelope dont change should I just put the Energy Conservation Note without energy analysis?

Thanks

Jul 4, 16 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

no then go Tab. and if you cant figure that out good luck.

Jul 4, 16 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
sbraga

good luck for you too @Olaf Design Ninja_

Jul 4, 16 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

not applicable

Jul 4, 16 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

you can thank sensai olaf once you understand

Jul 4, 16 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
sbraga

Just an update to my original post: " I am NOT doing the architectural designing, just the drawings for NYC DOB filings to get work permit etc."

Jul 4, 16 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: