Archinect
anchor

>>>Olaf - Postmodernism - Jameson - Orhan etc...

>>>hola Olaf  >>>I have read just now your post regarding Postmodernism, Jameson, Orhan's quote etc... this matter interests me.
Starting by saying that Postmodernism is a condition – the postmodern condition indeed – I don't think it's completely exact to define it as a style. I would rather consider it a theme. Of course there are works which focus on this topic and in which this theme gives us stylistic information about the work itself too. Nevertheless, in Postmodernism there is a detachment between the decipherability of the shape and its theoretical premises, as it does not represent a consequential development. Between the visual shape and its theoretical premises there is what Jameson calls “feature”, the possibilities of multiple stylistic developments. 
>>>Postmodernism represents a basic theoretical model that contains many “features”, differences so distant one from the other that we can hardly group them together. One of those many “features” is the concept of “variation” of a matrix. 

>>>it's evident that the PoMo brings the concept of “variation” to the center of architectonical and artistic practice, but it would be limiting to think about this as being its most representative model. 

>>>the extent of “features” quoted by J. is so relevant that it can include also irony (in the forms that people think are common in the mainstream culture) without making it lose anything of its intensity and coherence. The contaminations with the mainstream culture represent a very fascinating development of the PoMo in architecture and art too...

May 10, 16 4:40 am

>>>1 comprehensive tumblr blog of PoMo stuff 

T.T.O.P.

"examples of postmodern architecture, high and low, commercial and arty, weird and wonderful, and from all over the world, highlighting how stylistic liberty is, was and will always be a joyous thing"

May 11, 16 4:48 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

can "modern" elements be features then in the PoMo themes?

May 11, 16 10:42 am  · 
 · 
Kos Scarpa Kos

... well, probably what you say might be the better answer. 
But in some cases, or I would say, in most cases, with different sub-features. 

May 13, 16 3:39 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Kos, would love to see a case where modern is a feature with different sub features, sounds interesting.

May 13, 16 7:09 am  · 
 · 

>>>the spectacularized style that has become the trademark of the archistars - the Adam Family #2!

Adam Family #2

They're creepy and they're kooky, 
Exaggerated - spooky, 
They're altogether ooky, 
The Adam Family (#2)

Libeskind and Gehry
Tadao t long-hairy
Their style is so scary
The Adam Family (#2)

Their houses are museums (of contemporary art)
When people come to see 'em 
They really are a scream 
The Adam Family (#2)

May 17, 16 9:08 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

nice! can i get a drawing.

May 18, 16 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

:-o

May 22, 16 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

o-;

May 23, 16 1:14 am  · 
 · 
Kos Scarpa Kos

0:-o

May 27, 16 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Kos Scarpa Kos
Kos Scarpa Kos

“HOME” - icon

>>>undoubtedly the computer has changed design practice and has become increasingly important but it is interesting to observe an inverse process, the influence of the metaphorical use of architecture in the language of the web. The “HOME” icon presents a metaphorical variation of the notion of a building just as some postmodern architecture.

http://archinect.com/kosscarpakos/project/home

Mar 1, 17 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
Kos Scarpa Kos

Some architectures should indeed be placed between quotation marks.

Mar 4, 17 9:24 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

love it!

can we also call this "Money!"

Mar 4, 17 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Kos Scarpa Kos

can we also call this "Heaven" and/or "Hell"

Mar 9, 17 9:41 am  · 
 · 

How PoMo Can You Go ?

By Kim Levin

>>>Postmodernism - Metamodernism

http://www.artnews.com/2012/10...

Sep 4, 18 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

Terry Farrell - Nathaniel Furman >>> Revisiting Postmodernism

Sep 19, 18 5:18 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Which two are not dead?

Postmodernism

Brutalism

Deconstructionism

Parametricism

Prairie style

Mid-Century Modern 

Sep 19, 18 7:54 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

A great man once said: 

My my, hey hey 

Rock and roll is here to stay 

It's better to burn out Than to fade away 

My my, hey hey.

Sep 19, 18 7:59 am  · 
 · 
randomised

As if it is a competition, just some poor bastards afraid to pull the plug. There are anyhow no quality "Prairie style" or "Mid-Century Modern" homes being designed or built these days, totally irrelevant and all they do is tainting the legacy of by gone eras and the talented folks they idolise.

Sep 19, 18 8:25 am  · 
 · 

GOOGLE home

>>>rewind >>>The “HOME” icon presents a metaphorical variation of the notion of a building just as some postmodern architecture...

Jan 17, 21 3:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: