Archinect
anchor

CPBD exam specifications under review by NCBDC.

Aluminate

I think this theater project is a red herring.  Whether or not Richard designed it, he's claiming to have 10 years of experience as a "building designer". This theater is a very tiny project - it should be a nearly imperceptible drip in the bucket of his ten-year career.  Richard what ELSE have you designed?  What is the approximated combined construction cost of all of the projects you've designed over the past decade, NOT including this theater?

This is a question with a dollar figure for an answer.  It is not to be answered with excuses, an essay about the economy, a lament about the difficulties of getting work while living in an attic in a tertiary city in Oregon, or anything else other than that dollar figure.

May 11, 16 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

good luck Aluminate.

May 11, 16 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

This is dollar figures can vary even on a project that has been completed or nearing completion. The original budget did not include design services except for schematic design phase and code research.The brick count on the pilasters did you account for this parallax on the photos?  

May 11, 16 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

∆ lol- was that a direct quote

May 11, 16 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

Couldn't be.  Singular and plural are correct, past-tense words have "-ed" suffixes, there's no instance of "diatribe" used as a verb or adjective, and there is no "you realize..."

May 11, 16 10:26 pm  · 
 · 

Paraphrased from Rickipedia.

May 11, 16 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

www.richardbalkinsbuildingdesigner.com

"Most building designers who undergoes certification are competent and knows the building codes and follows them. "

"It will put him financially in debt in loans. "

May 11, 16 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
Can you tl;dr a website URL?
May 11, 16 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Year 1059 (MLIX) was a common year starting on Friday of the Julian calendar.

​Balkinator, you writing Wikipedia articles on calendar years now? Don't you have enough hobbies as it is already?

May 12, 16 9:21 am  · 
 · 
nicholass817

Well, I got banned from thebuildingforum.com because it's "obvious you (I) have an axe to grind"...ugh.  

Just looking to protect as many souls as I can from the potential perils associated with misinformation.  

May 12, 16 10:54 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

lol- me too.

OTH, I no longer say moderator under RickAstoria's name. Not sure if this is significant

May 12, 16 11:00 am  · 
 · 

Add this one to the Rickipedia: 

Coming from Astoria's foremost architecture enthusiast Richard Balkins: "We aren't talking about licensing architecture enthusiasts. We aren't in the business of architectural enthusiasts because they have no business in offering or performing architectural services for other people. Enthusiasts should not be providing architectural services. They should be clients because architectural enthusiasts knows [sic] only enough to be dangerous and criminally negligent and cause literal physical harm to their client, client's family or anyone else."

http://blog.ncarb.org/2015/February/ARE-Content.aspx (emphasis my own)

May 12, 16 11:49 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I like when he says "We"

May 12, 16 11:51 am  · 
 · 
nicholass817

Ha!!!! They gave him his own special designation...'------------'

That about sums it up.  Rick is the best ---------- there has ever been and ever will be.

May 12, 16 12:34 pm  · 
 · 

nicholass817,

Well, I got banned from thebuildingforum.com because it's "obvious you (I) have an axe to grind"...ugh.  

Just looking to protect as many souls as I can from the potential perils associated with misinformation.  

You took drama on this forum on to another forum. You were doing it to personally attack me not anything noble as health, safety and welfare. 

Cut the bullshit. You got banned for taking this drama and going to another forum to personally attack me and make noise on another forum. This was your personal agenda. You seem to lack something called nettiquettes. For example, what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas. You know, the drama that happens in one place stays in that one place. 

That is why you and JeromeS got banned.

If you two want to join that forum and not get banned, keep the drama from other forums off that one. In other words. what bullshit happens on Archinect stays on Archinect. Got it?

May 12, 16 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

How many architecture related forums have you been banned from Rick? 

You're the equivalent of Voldemort on the ARECoach site.  He who shall not be named. 

May 12, 16 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Banned?- so what.

The lid is off on your ridiculous posts.  People there are beginning to ask questions.  You already have a reputation there for an unreasonable defense of unlicensed building designers (big surprise).  And that 30 story, wood framed building thread - good lord, man.

May 12, 16 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

So damn what. You guys hated me from day 1 because I am a building designer. You hate me because I'm not a licensed architect. You guys hate contractors. You guys hate all unlicensed designers.

May 12, 16 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

speaking for myself, i actually value hearing a diversity of voices from the building and design profession.  but those voices need to be honest about their experience.  and their voices can be highly opinionated, but if passed off as fact that is disingenuous.   

balkins, you are not honest about your experience at all.  your opinions are portrayed to this forum as absolute truth.  you are not open to learning from others or admitting you are wrong.

you're just a blow hard narcissist enabled by your parents and people in your community who do not know any better about this profession.    

May 12, 16 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

We mostly hate frauds Balkini.

And also, building designers design buildings, so... since you can't even claim that title, we'll just go with fraud.

May 12, 16 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

no_form,

I don't give you email information from my clients, past or present. The only time you will see that is in front of court. Until then, you can go fuck yourself.

I don't give out contact information to my clients (past or present) to people I don't know who their real identity are. 

You won't accept an edited email posted. You won't accept that.

May 12, 16 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

you are so salty balkins.  i know many successful building designers, but you are not one of them, because you have zero projects to your name.    stop pretending to represent a diversity of professionals, when the reality is that just shitpost from your moms basement

May 12, 16 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

NGC 1073 is a barred spiral galaxy in the constellation Cetus. It probably has a H II nucleus.

Balkarino, the wiki page for NGC 1073 is pretty bare, perhaps you can take a few minutes and spice it up. I am sure you're more than capable of adding to it.

May 12, 16 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Richard at what point will you understand that you are the problem. No one hates you, you are the problem. You are the sole reason no one accepts your misinformation. you have no clients and you still have not answered Aluminates question? .......... you are a detriment to society with regard to architecture and building design........ you are like a drunk driver who has 10 DUI's and gets mad everytime he is arrested for driving drunk ......... you are like a pedophile who keeps showing up at playgrounds and wonders why everyone calls the cops on him when he does. you are the problem. we love all types of people, just not frauds and assholes.

May 12, 16 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

actually balkins, you do give out emails.  it's been proven on other forums.  as for fucking myself.  masturbation is a normal healthy behavior.  but i don't need your permission to do it.  thanks.  

May 12, 16 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

1076 Montana St, Nucla, CO 81424

This 972 square foot single family home has 3 bedrooms and 1.0 bathrooms. 

May 12, 16 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

on the bus, time to kill time.....and see if Richard Balkins is capable of answering questions

May 12, 16 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I think this theater project is a red herring. Whether or not Richard designed it, he's claiming to have 10 years of experience as a "building designer". This theater is a very tiny project - it should be a nearly imperceptible drip in the bucket of his ten-year career. Richard what ELSE have you designed? What is the approximated combined construction cost of all of the projects you've designed over the past decade, NOT including this theater? This is a question with a dollar figure for an answer. It is not to be answered with excuses, an essay about the economy, a lament about the difficulties of getting work while living in an attic in a tertiary city in Oregon, or anything else other than that dollar figure.

· 
awaiting_deletion

I think this theater project is a red herring. Whether or not Richard designed it, he's claiming to have 10 years of experience as a "building designer". This theater is a very tiny project - it should be a nearly imperceptible drip in the bucket of his ten-year career. Richard what ELSE have you designed? What is the approximated combined construction cost of all of the projects you've designed over the past decade, NOT including this theater? This is a question with a dollar figure for an answer. It is not to be answered with excuses, an essay about the economy, a lament about the difficulties of getting work while living in an attic in a tertiary city in Oregon, or anything else other than that dollar figure.

· 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

May 12, 16 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

May 12, 16 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

May 12, 16 6:30 pm  · 
 · 

actually balkins, you do give out emails.  it's been proven on other forums.  as for fucking myself.  masturbation is a normal healthy behavior.  but i don't need your permission to do it.  thanks.  

Not of clients. I'm not going to let you go around contacting my clients (past or present). 

I do not trust you. 

May 12, 16 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I think this theater project is a red herring. Whether or not Richard designed it, he's claiming to have 10 years of experience as a "building designer". This theater is a very tiny project - it should be a nearly imperceptible drip in the bucket of his ten-year career. Richard what ELSE have you designed? What is the approximated combined construction cost of all of the projects you've designed over the past decade, NOT including this theater? This is a question with a dollar figure for an answer. It is not to be answered with excuses, an essay about the economy, a lament about the difficulties of getting work while living in an attic in a tertiary city in Oregon, or anything else other than that dollar figure

May 12, 16 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I think this theater project is a red herring. Whether or not Richard designed it, he's claiming to have 10 years of experience as a "building designer". This theater is a very tiny project - it should be a nearly imperceptible drip in the bucket of his ten-year career. Richard what ELSE have you designed? What is the approximated combined construction cost of all of the projects you've designed over the past decade, NOT including this theater? This is a question with a dollar figure for an answer. It is not to be answered with excuses, an essay about the economy, a lament about the difficulties of getting work while living in an attic in a tertiary city in Oregon, or anything else other than that dollar figure

· 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

May 12, 16 6:55 pm  · 
 · 

Amount is greater than $1.00.

May 12, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

May 12, 16 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

May 12, 16 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

May 12, 16 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

>$1.00

May 12, 16 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

And less than what amount?

My guess is less than $5000 gross from building design projects, total over the entire span of your career.  True or false?  I don't want any explanations, excuses, or information about the economy.  Just:  "True, I have grossed less than $5000 from my building design projects over the span of my building designer career", or "False, I have grossed $5000 or more from my building design projects over the span of my building designer career."

I've never seen a thread on this forum in which anyone has expressed hatred toward unlicensed designers or toward contractors.  

The attitude most expressed toward you is disgust at your exaggerations, proven lies, vast generalizations, invented statistics, and lack of expertise in the areas in which you seem to feel compelled to play expert.  It's got nothing to do with real building designers.  It's about one fraudulent building designer.

May 12, 16 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Without further clarification I think we can all safely assume Balkins' approximated combined construction cost of all of the projects he has designed over the past decade, not including the theater is $1.01.

May 12, 16 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

No I think it was slightly higher.  He was convincing in his story about an architect once paying him to serve as courier of some documents to the building department - so let's say this was a generous architect and he got $100 for that.  Also that rectangular box house for which he was doing field measurements with surveyors' equipment:  I believe that was for a real project - he had too many details correct about government-subsidized accessibility renovations for veterans.  But that funding only provides about $7000 total for projects in existing homes - so it's unlikely Rick saw more than a few hundred of it.  He's also been fairly consistent in his claims that the architect who supervised his CAD-certificate-required co-op project (which was invented for Rick because nobody would hire him for a real co-op, even in pre-recession boom years) paid him "a very small amount".  I imagine this might have been the change leftover when he sent Rick to fetch lunch for them both.  All together I believe he's earned somewhere between $300 and $1500 from building designer related activities over the 10 years that he's been posing as an experience professional on the internet.

May 12, 16 7:57 pm  · 
 · 

You aren't asking how much Balkins has made from being a building designer, you asked how much the total construction cost of the projects he's designed amounts to. 

So for the the CAD-certificate-required co-op project wouldn't add anything to it, because it wasn't real, wasn't built and has no associated construction cost.

Likewise, the architect paying him to courier documents to the building department wouldn't add anything because he didn't design the project ... he just carried some drawings to the building department.

We don't know whether or not he did any designing for the surveying project. He could have just been hired to do the field measurements. So depending on whether he designed the renovations he could have $0 - $7000 worth of construction costs associated with his designs. 

All we do know is that it is greater than $1 ... if you believe what Ricky says. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say $1.01.

May 12, 16 8:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: