Archinect
anchor

What would be a good raise for a ''Not-an-intern-anymore''-Entry-level architect???

Gotan

Hi,

Ok, in December I finally completed all of the 9 NCARB exams, as well as my provincial exam (Quebec)...I therefore got the Architect's seal and became an acredited member of the Ordre des Architectes du Quebec. At 26, I am the youngest architect around but I am highly proeficient in design, IT, project managing

Now is the time to negociate my salary for the next year. How much raise should I expect? They told me I should get thet title of Junior Project Manager (whatever the title), I would manage small-scale project inside the office...and we don't take project under 1M$

I got around 20$/hour last year...leading up to around 40k/yr
I guess I should get at least a 5k raise.

What would be a good raise for a ''Not-an-intern-anymore''-Entry-level architect???

Thanks!

Feb 14, 05 9:12 am
Gotan

thanks, I'' check out how they bill for an architect vs an intern...
split it by 3...it makes my houlry salary , should be around 25$/hr

Feb 14, 05 10:28 am  · 
 · 
Archi-F

I would suggest checking out some salary websites and seeing how you compare as well.

Feb 14, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 

$25 canadian?

Feb 14, 05 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
taboho

as a licensed architect, should you really be called a "junior project manager"?

Feb 14, 05 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
sam sung

Gotan, I am proud of you. Congratulations. Now you need to develop some pride in yourself. As a licensed architect you absolutely positively should not accept having a "junior" in your title.

Feb 14, 05 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
Gotan

Thanks...sure dude i won't accept any junior in the title...

yeah 25$ canadian...
almost a 3rd world country isn't it?

anyone ever negociated something good when they want to send you abroad as well (say...India?) on a quick notice (just got that today) with all expenses paid.

A bonus fee? Or I include in my annual salary a raise for ''INternationaly deployable architect''

Feb 14, 05 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: