Archinect
anchor

Exploded Axonometric

UrbanDesign

Hey, I'm a first year Archi at IIT and our current assignment is to do an exploded axon of a certain house. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good examples (or advice) that I could analyse before starting, Thanks!

Feb 13, 05 11:58 pm
sanofiSYN

I think Morphosis does a good job at these kind of drawings. I had a construction project last year and referenced their stuff. Browse some of their monographs of works and there should be plenty of diagrams in there.

Feb 14, 05 12:03 am  · 
 · 
Tim DeCoster

Get yourself a Ching book. I'm sure you will find plenty of examples from him.

Feb 14, 05 1:21 am  · 
 · 
a-f

A bit less exciting than Morphosis, but the classic detail drawings from the British 70s high-tech projects (Foster, Rogers etc.) are at least very precise and explanatory.

Feb 14, 05 8:15 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I'll second Morphosis. They've documented their process and diagrams very well (there are others just as good, but not with easy access). They're a good investment, too.

Feb 14, 05 9:04 am  · 
 · 
UrbanDesign

I have a Ching book and it's awesome, but there isn't anything on exploded axon, I'll have to check out Morphosis tho, thanks guys.

Feb 14, 05 9:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: