Archinect
anchor

ACAD workflow

NSJ

Anyone have suggestions on how to best manage a group of three or our people working on a single ACAD file concurrently?

Feb 12, 05 12:06 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

what are you trying to accomplish?

Feb 12, 05 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

be nice and share

Feb 12, 05 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
Brim

We've sometimes split the file in half and joined it back after work was completed, but only during a serious deadline.

Feb 12, 05 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

Have single master file that contains only XREFS. Each autonymous XREF is a piece of the whole that a team member is working on. Teams members can even XREF other team members work into theirs if realtions need to be worked from.

Feb 12, 05 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Switch to MicroStation or ArchiCAD which are designed to allow multiple team members access to the same project file at the same time.

Feb 12, 05 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
J3

I agree with daver. Split the file. Ours are split like this:
1. Ext. Walls 2. interior partitions 3. RCP 4. Pwr/Tel/Data 5. finishes 6. furn

Feb 12, 05 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
NSJ

I think the XREFs may be the answer. Thanks.

Feb 12, 05 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

you file splitters must have a uniquely dedicated staff of people that are extraordinarily anal and consistent when it comes to putting documents together. my office can never handle three or four people working on a plan put together by multiple xrefs, too many chances of people not maintaining a level of consistent graphic. in my office in order to maintain some consistent practice, i only allow one person to affect change on a plan level, and we use lmans so that rcp/demo and plan changes happen concurrently, it works fantastically. then plans are xrefed and notes/dimensions get added.

Feb 13, 05 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i think ARCH-T has an add on for this kind of thing...i was using it over the summer. some kind of an x-ref manager. well i bet that helps no one.

Feb 13, 05 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: