Archinect
anchor

places to stay in new york

post-neorealcrapismist

i am planning a trip to new york for a couple of days, this being my first trip there i have no idea where the best and most interesting place to stay would be. This is where you archinecters come in, i would greatly appreciate any suggestion you guys and gals have for me.

Feb 10, 05 4:00 pm
mdler

most interesting???

Feb 10, 05 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

is cheepest and best location

Feb 10, 05 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
lexi

the Hudson, not the cheapest... but it was really worth it.

Feb 10, 05 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

if you need somewhere really cheap- and kind of designed the 30/30 hotel at 30 e 30th st is a good bet and fairly central- if not 15 blocks too far north for my liking. also you could try out a hotel in east grenwich village-ish- which unhelpfully i can't remember the name of, but the clue is that it was featured in a madonna video.
but if you had money- i'd rather stay opposite the hudson in the W times square- cheaper, and with a great bar and shop too- and some stunning waitresses, and you can always pop across to the hudson for a drink.
the other one i couln't remember the name of is called hotel 17- quite lo fi- and boudoir like- but a good base to explore the city.
have fun- new york is fantastic
also loved diller and scofidios Brasserie. admittedly the most expensive beer i ever had- but i ate enough peanuts and eggs to more than make up for it!
and the last time i went i walked the highline with some friends- which again i really reccomend, especially as they are about to renovate it.

Feb 10, 05 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
Seven Costanza

I have stayed at the Bedford Hotel on 40th between Park and Lexington twice. Expect to pay 150 bucks per night. Very cheap for the location.

Feb 10, 05 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

Penn Station or the A train

Feb 10, 05 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
Lateralus57

My 301 arch studio was in Manhatten last semester and we stayed at the Habitat Hotel (http://www.habitat-ny.com). lets put it this way.... it was a place to sleep. if your in new york and your just sitting in your hotel anyway your just wasting your time. but it wasnt that bad and its cheap $75 according to their web site. its by 57th and lexington. that puts it within short walking distance of times square and if you get a good side you can see the chrysler building. ( ask for room 1213 and you'll get your own shower and toliet ooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!)

Feb 11, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

A friend's couch if possible.

Feb 13, 05 12:07 am  · 
 · 
NSJ

If you are looking for cheap and don't care too much about interesting, check out the YMCA. My wife's father stays there whenever he comes to town and speaks highly of it.

Feb 13, 05 12:34 am  · 
 · 
betamax

why don;t you astY at my place? i'm drunk.

Feb 13, 05 12:42 am  · 
 · 
9SquareGrid

Try Priceline. You can usually get the Hilton or Grand Hyatt in Midtown by bidding $110 for a 4* in the Midtown East and West zones.

Feb 14, 05 1:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: