Archinect
anchor

New VW advert

ge-ril-a

Not politically correct, or very nice apart from its ploitical incorrectness, and that volkswagen are trying to sue the guys who made it

http://www.student.kun.nl/h.huijbers/pics/VW_20_b3.mov

Jan 31, 05 12:36 pm
3ifs

i saw this on another forum a while back... funny stuff though.

Jan 31, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 

from what i've heard that is not a real VW ad.

this IS real VW ad for the new GTI, and is quite impressive:

http://ramilob.nobilid.com/golfgti.mov

Jan 31, 05 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

first one is real racist and stupid, made for internet forward mailers. i've heard another one where a woman ignores her husband who is hanging himself and opt for her GTI. maybe these are gratis pitches by some ad agency.

Jan 31, 05 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
Creators of VW spoof ad apologize
Carmakers dropping legal action

Monday, January 31, 2005 Posted: 2:32 PM EST (1932 GMT)

FRANKFURT, Germany (Reuters) -- The creators of a hoax advertisement for Volkswagen AG's Polo car that has circulated on the Internet have apologized and promised not to repeat it, Europe's biggest carmaker said on Monday.

The so-called viral ad -- unauthorized by Volkswagen or its advertising agencies -- shows a suicide bomber detonating his explosives in a Polo parked outside a busy cafe, only to have the car absorb the blast.

The 20-second advert ends with the Volkswagen logo and the Polo's actual advertising motto: Small but Tough.

Volkswagen said in a statement it had received sworn statements from the two creators -- Dan Brooks and Lee Ford -- acknowledging that they made the ad but had not intended for it to be distributed.

"The creators regret the distribution of the film, will not publicize it further and apologize unreservedly for the damage caused to Volkswagen," it said, adding that the company would now drop legal action against the pair.

Volkswagen had lodged a criminal complaint last week over the ad, which it called "an attack on Volkswagen's good name."

- From CNN

Jan 31, 05 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
aml

we all agree vw is innocent of the ad and that it's sort of tasteless.

now on to the real important issue: the polo is a really really cute car.

i'm saying it because it's my car.

: )

ps. silver. i call it 'polito'

Jan 31, 05 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
aml
Jan 31, 05 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
herbst

kinda reminds me of this:

Feb 1, 05 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

Yikes.....AMC....what car is that anyway? I thought at first it was a Pinto.

As for the ad, although it may have been offensive to some, I thought it was humurous. No harm done.

Cheers

Feb 1, 05 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

looks more like a later model garth-mobile:

Feb 1, 05 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
aml

hmmmmfff... either the angle is fooling you or you're just being mean. we'll just agree to disagree.

Feb 1, 05 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

aml,
just teasing - i like the polo. i wish i lived in a city that had a decent VW dealer. I'm just waiting until this is out:

Feb 1, 05 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you can probably get a good deal on vw, they are having serious problems in the sales department. at least here in amerika. u show the gremlin and the pacer but amc had a javelin which was a pretty awesome ride.freakingruvin

Feb 1, 05 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
aml

here in south america they're pretty easy to get. huge assembly plant in brasil. very well put together, big range of models.

Feb 1, 05 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: