Archinect
anchor

Any discussions on China real estate industry and LEED is welcome

chinaLEED

I am based in Hangzhou city, Zhejiang province, China, responsible for a mixed-use commercial project development applying for LEED Core & Shell. I have been advocating and promoting green building and LEED in China. So any one who has interests in China's real estate industry and green building development can feel free to contact me for any discussion or consultation.

Actually the most important thing to do LEED in China is the understanding of the differences between China's design codes and LEED requirements. For example, For example, according to the Hangzhou local authority, catch basin should be placed within the site near the entrance. Sediment trap and proper drainage system should be catered for vehicle cleaning. To ensure cleanliness for 50m of the site entrance, vehicle wheels should be washed before leaving construction site. The Chinese regulations on construction site management also states that if the construction is suspended over 1 month, contractor should hard pave the exposed ground surface and use necessary means to prevent dust emission. If construction has not started six months after demolition, the contractor should plant temporary landscaping. That means, developers can save money on related LEED requirements as the local Chinese contractors can easily implement them.

Jan 30, 05 10:18 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: