Archinect
anchor

site plan question

jlxarchitect

1. In site plan, if the property line is not straight to the E,W,S,N orientation, if can I show the angle?

2. Normally how deep the city sewer line can go down?

Jan 24, 05 4:09 pm
gillespie

N 06°58'19" W

this text comes from the survey of my latest project. the information shows that the property line is six degrees, 58 minutes, and 19 seconds west of north.

if you wanted to get less technical ( like if this were for a studio course ), i guess you could round it up and put N 07°00'00" W.

Jan 24, 05 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

I knew this polar coordinate survey system. But when I viewed one site plan from a firm, I didn't find such info.. I wonder if there is another drawing besides site plan to show property line's angle?

Jan 24, 05 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
TED

jlx, i have to ask, ....doesnt anyone work in your office that you can talk about these relatively straight forward but very specifc questions with?

although this forum is for that, it just appears by the nature of your questions someone has dumped a larger project on your desk beyond your ability and doesnt seem to want to get involve in the most basic of things. perhaps no one in the office knows the answers.

Jan 24, 05 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

To be honest, Ted, I haven't done much CD work since I work in Chicago. Some of The questions I asked is for my personal project. I rather not let other people know what I am doing even I am in my break.

Jan 24, 05 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
TED

then its even scarier if you doing a painted highrise residentail concrete or bronze clad building with a curtain wall window washing track and potential sewar drainage problems [with a nice power vented jacuzzi pool on the roof] in chicago...

....in your free time

god help us

Jan 24, 05 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

The projec is not in Chicago.

Jan 24, 05 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

jlxarchitect: Ordinarily an architectural site plan will not specify angles, property line dimensions, etc. Providing this numerical information can get your firm into trouble if any of it turns out to be incorrect (either because somebody in your firm mis-types something, or because the original plot plan was incorrect - which happens from time to time.)
This is particularly true if you are working from a survey or client-provided existing site plan of some sort. In this case you specifically do NOT want to provide this information, but instead would typically include a blanket note somewhere on your site plan sheet that states something to the effect of: "Architectural Site Plan is based on a plot plan completed by [insert name of surveying company here], file # [insert number here if available, or any other identifying info from whatever base site plan you're working from], dated [insert date here.] Architectural Site Plan is to be used for diagramatic purposes only."

As for your sewer question: you need to find out the level of the invert of the existing line to which you're connecting. The depth could be anything from a few feet below grade to many times that, and it certainly isn't a question anyone here can answer without documentation.

Jan 24, 05 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

Aluminate: Thanks for your help.

Jan 25, 05 8:30 am  · 
 · 
Organic9

1. Site property lines, are indicated by compass bearings; given in degrees, minutes and seconds; and distances. As noted in, gillespie's post above. This information can be found in the legaly filed Deed discription for the property. Which should be on file at the court house within the City, County, Parish or however the legal seat of juisdiction you are operating in, is located. What ever you do, do not round off any bearings or distances. This would affect the legal closure of the property, which needs to be accurate to within 8 places to the right of the decimal . As an architect you should always be getting this information from survey documents, prepared by a licensed, Surveyor, or Civil engineer. These to are public records and might be on file, in the planning department of the same legal juisdiction. Always include on your drawings a disclaimer as to the accuracy of the information, and from what source it is being provided. The owner has the burdon of providing this, although they may not be aware of this. After all it is his property. NEVER ASSUME MORE AUTHORITY FOR INFORMATION THAN YOU ARE PREPARED TO BE FINANCIALY LIABLE FOR.

2. Sewer information, could be available from any one of the following departments. Planning depart.; Sewer Authority; engineer for the legal jurisdiction your property is in.

Theres far more you need to know, but Hope this helps

Jan 25, 05 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

may i suggest getting the plat of survey. give your friendly building department a call for additional info. peace

Jan 25, 05 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: