Archinect
anchor

Revit vs. CAD, How is there even a debate about which is better

code

been using Revit for 13 years now. I've introducing a new "addin" it's a 42" Mayline, Trace and pens

Jan 20, 19 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
johntstrahsmeier

So far revit has been great for contractors and it makes us tons of money due to change orders since A&E firms hire revit only users who know very little about construction. Please keep using it and hiring those interns. 

Mar 12, 19 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

This is not a problem for us as I am proficient in both construction and revit use. Stick to cutting corners and providing sub-par products while throwing shade at the architect at every opportunity.

· 
tduds

Sounds like that's a staffing problem, not a Revit problem.

· 
johnstrahsmeier

tduds: Agreed a staffing problem by hiring people with zero experience that are only great at using the software but have no practical experience. As far as the guy and his cutting corners, you have no business making that type of comment toward me and don't know the superior product we create. You can take your comment and shove it you pompous ass.

· 
Non Sequitur

My experience gives me plenty to rely on when making such comments. Thank you for noticing.

· 
randomised

When the next crisis hits and software becomes too expensive, be sure that they'll dig up that old stand alone Acad copy  from the attic and that drawing table from the basement. Never ever rely on just your stupid software "tools" but master what you actually do with those.

Mar 12, 19 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
johnstrahsmeier

As a construction person working on jobs that use revit is great.It provides us with an abundance of chances for expensive change orders all the time due to these kids (grunts) who think they are architects and engineers. They can turn a 750,000 dollar project into a 900,000 dollar job over night with all their mistakes. Keep hiring these great software people who don't know diddly about construction. Yer making us millions. 

Oct 22, 19 7:16 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Scummy constructor will do scummy things. You’ve clearly not worked with quality offices since this type of shit does not happen under my watch.

· 

I don't understand why John came back 6 months later to make the exact same comment, but differently worded?

· 
Non Sequitur

I know... and then try to call me out on it. The dude is just a plumber turner BIM coordinator anyways, so meh, let him get salty.

· 
Chad Miller

Don't feed the troll.

1  · 
Non Sequitur

but...but... how else am I to distract myself from all these fire-protection specifications I need to complete?

· 
Chad Miller

Get a project architect to do that. Oh wait, that reminds me of something I need to do. On an unrelated note you think it's OK not to put sprinklers in an orphanage . . . friend wants to know.

· 
Non Sequitur

but I am the PA... and the PM, so do I then ask myself? What more do those orphans want now? air-conditioning too? man, they sure have it all now.

· 
Chad Miller

You could always tell yourself you're too busy and to find someone else to do the spec.

· 
johnstrahsmeier

We on the construction end of the building industry love revit since due to the users we end up with huge change orders. Keep using it! You guys and gals er making us tons of money! In the past ten years haven't seen decent job design using revit even once. It can't be the software and must be the ill equipped and poorly trained engineers and architects. 

Feb 20, 21 9:26 am  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I've yet to work with a contractor that knew how to read drawings. Can't be the glasses, must be between the ears. Keep doing what you're doing, and I'll keep rejecting your CO, and issue CCDs.

· 
Non Sequitur

You again?

2  · 
Jaetten

Guessing they're hungry? I'll send a muffin over!

· 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: