Archinect
anchor

Control joint problem

go do it

I need to extend a concrete portal by a mere 18" because of an oversight. Is there a way to hide the control joint to make it look like there was a continuous concrete placement to start with. We just placed the concrete today and will do the fix on Monday. 

Mar 20, 15 8:14 pm
JeromeS

Nope

Mar 20, 15 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

chop, drill, epoxy, dowel, pour....

Mar 20, 15 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

I will probably use some self leveling masonry filler. There is another area where I was going to use this anyway so it may not look to out of place. I always drill, epoxy, and dowel two separate placements anyway. 

What a bone head day. 

Mar 20, 15 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

pics pics pics (if you can)

bone head days are good later after a drink or two.....

Mar 21, 15 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

First, terminology.  I think you are talking about a "construction joint" between pours.  A control joint is for controlling cracking.

And yes, you can get it to blend.  Talk to your concrete subcontractor, and if they are any good, they can make it work.  And yes, they know a hell of a lot more than you do about concrete. Since it's exposed, I assume you used architectural grade concrete?  They can do miraculous things.  I've honestly been shocked when I can't tell where a patch was done, but it happens all the time. 

Mar 23, 15 10:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: