Archinect
anchor

Printing Woes!

Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Alright I am in the final hours of printing my portfolio. Everything is going well till I try to print on both sides. The pages just won't line up. They are off just slightly and that slightly really messes some things up. I have a new HP 9650 printer. Manual feed through rear and tray feed. I have pages 9x6. I also have In-design CS but it looks like ass when I bring them in. I am reduced to Illustrator which I have done all the work in so far so it only makes sense to print from there. In printer settings I have it set for 8.5x11 media, set to print in the center of page. It prints one side, I slide it back into the tray and print the next sheet, take it out and it is off.
What is the best way to do this? Manual feed? Tray? Or does this just something that always happens?

THANKS

Dec 21, 04 5:41 pm
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

I am going to continue searching in this subject online but if anyone has any experience or tips. Post it Up!

Dec 21, 04 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
e

in my experience, i have never been able to get things to totally line up front to back. when i need such alignment, i print on a larger sheet with crop mark and trim and paste together using studio tack. another way i do it, and this may not work with your printer if it doesn't hold a sheet large enough, is that i will print both pages, butted up next to one another, on one 13x19 sheet with crop marks, trim, and fold it over on it self, and bind the loose end. this is called a french fold and is common among bookbinders.

with regards to your placed files looking like ass in indesign, it is an easy fix but will take more memory. in your menu bar, go to "view" and go down to "high quality display." you may choose to you one of the other displays when you don't need it to look so go as the high quality setting will slow you down.

Dec 21, 04 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

e, thats right I forgot about display in In Design. I think In-Design is my best bet I got them to line up pretty close to perfect on a test run.
In Illustrator I just can't get the same results.

Dec 21, 04 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
atowle

I use french fold a lot - it does make a cool book

Dec 22, 04 7:08 am  · 
 · 
maxwonder

Pimp Minister Pete Nice ,

I just did a school project using InDesign, its was my first time. Here are two things I learned for using Indesign.

1. Use the Place command instead of copy/paste for bringing in images.

2. Right click the image when you have the image placed in InDesign I believe there is a setting for viewing images.

3. When you use the Place command files are linked together, so if you take the InDesign file to another computer you need to bring the supporting files also.

Dec 22, 04 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Blue thanks for the tips, I just started completly over printing. In Design makes me angry. Although it has some great features when you place or even copy paste lines from Illustrator they loose their properties making it look like ass. I give up on In Design for now just me and Illustrator CS now.

Dec 22, 04 10:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: