Archinect
anchor

Architecture Competition about Vacant Land Reuse in New Orleans, Anyone Interested?

miaoran

Hi there,

http://www.vanalen.org/elsewhere/competition/future-ground/

This is a new competition called Future Ground and its about vacant land reuse in New Orleans. 

The most attractive thing about the competition is that:

Three teams will be awarded $15,000 to participate in a six-month research and design process. Working closely with local stakeholders and national experts, teams will forecast changes in density, demand, and climate over the next half-century in New Orleans, and will tackle the social, economic, and ecological challenges underlying reuse of the most prevalent types of vacant land in the city. The project will produce implementable, replicable solutions that NORA can apply to specific sites citywide, and can help catalyze change in cities around the world.

I am very interested in joining but lack team members who have experiences in urban policy or in fact someone who is more familiar with the local environment. 

I am an architectural assistant working in London and I have previously researched on the situations in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and this is a topic that I find very urgent to the environmental conditions we are facing now. 

If you are interested, please contact me at miao-ran@hotmail.com or reply to this thread, thanks for reading!

Kind Regards,

Melanie 

Aug 8, 14 12:46 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: