Archinect
anchor

End of the world bunkers

Rusty!

The end is coming (of course) so middle America has been digging down.

Do watch the accompanying video for the architectural tour.

Why aren't we taking advantage of the crazies? There's no moral code in architecture, right? Batshit crazy dollar is just as good as orphanage/art gallery one.

My question. I want to do a masters that focuses in doomsday underground shelters. Which school should I go to? I heard Michigan is good because they already survived an apocalypse.

Mar 27, 11 1:35 pm

So, according to some of the experts we've got maybe six months left until world finance collapses. (fucking mayans and their stupid calendars).  Highlights:

"The problem is not Government debt per se. The real problem is that the $70 trillion in G10 debt is the collateral for $700 trillion in derivatives……Yes, that equates to
1200% of Global GDP
and it rests on very, very weak foundations.

"We have around 6 months left of trading in Western markets to protect ourselves or make enough money to offset future losses. Spend your time looking at the risks of custody, safekeeping, counterparty etc.  Assume that no one and nothing is safe.  After that……we put on our tin helmets and hide until the new system emerges."

Time to start getting serious about those bunkers, yo!

Jun 5, 12 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Rusty

try Berkeley

My father went there - and he designed a line of fallout shelters during the cold war - 

Jun 5, 12 2:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: