Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Critique

edlcm

Hey guys, i am currently at my last year of undergrad school in Mexico, i don't have a plan for applying to a master degree soon, but to land a job soon in SoCal.

I would be pleased if you could review my portfolio and criticize it. Don't hold any comments, they are all welcome and hopefully help me develop a strong portfolio.

Nov 3, 10 9:13 pm
edlcm
jll3

I think my biggest problem with it is the text... on the 2nd page you have it full justified and it's just killing the tracking in the text and it seems you full justified throughout. I would just get rid of the full justify because the resulting large gaps of spacing are distracting. Also, the descriptions for the projects, get rid of the 2 column thing you have and just keep one column, the columns are way too thin to fit in two, and with the full justify you're getting lines where you only have 3 words in them.

Nov 4, 10 11:46 am  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

The type setting in this is just awful. I can't even comment more on the remainder of the portfolio because it's so hard to read. Hyphenating a title instead of just making it two lines? Seriously?

Avant Garde deserves better treatment than this.

Nov 4, 10 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

Please take the time to do a google search for "Avant Garde Font" and research the multitude of precedence using this typeface.

Nov 4, 10 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
edlcm

Thank you guys, i will definetly look into it.

Nov 4, 10 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

damn, cherith...

edlcm - your sections are interesting, never seen tree roots in one before!

Nov 4, 10 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I take it this is 8.5 by 11 folded in half? I'll throw up an idea.

I like your concept for layout combined with the paper size-- as the dimensional ration is roughly equivalent to one of my favorite paper sizes (narrow broadsheet).

My only other suggestion is to remove your birthday and ethnicity from your CV when applying for jobs in the US (this information is technically illegal).

Nov 4, 10 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
Nov 4, 10 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
med.

It's a good body of work but the profolio needs to be way sexier!

Nov 5, 10 10:31 am  · 
 · 
edlcm

haha what do you mean by sexier med., care to explain?

Nov 5, 10 11:33 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

too sexy?

Nov 5, 10 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

^ yikes!

Nov 5, 10 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

hah.

Nov 5, 10 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
edlcm

Thanks guys, i agree that there are some problems with understanding the text. And unicorn i believe it is too sexy for me haha

Nov 6, 10 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn
Nov 7, 10 1:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: