Archinect
anchor

Care to comment on this Portfolio Sample?

lewis bailie

I will send this summary of my Portfolio to Potential Employers. What do you think?
Thanks

Oct 6, 10 10:50 am
lewis bailie
http://issuu.com/lewisbailie/docs/
Oct 6, 10 10:50 am  · 
 · 
med.

Completely redo the first page. It doesn't even look like a layout - more like a bad 3rd grade science fair project. You should never ever randomize images like that and toss them all over your page arbitrarily -- it just doesn't work and when I see resumes with work samples like that, I usually toss them out. It isn't to be rude either -- but it scares me when someone with an architecture education submits a folio with bad graphics. Especially when at the entry level, it will be expected of you to do presentation work that reqiure skilled graphic sensibility.

Oct 6, 10 11:33 am  · 
 · 
CMNDCTRL

having the edge stop at the sky like that is really annoying. the graphics in and of themselves are nice. but you need to rework the layout. think cleaner. less is more because it lets the important things POP, not becuase it is literally more.....

Oct 6, 10 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I wanted to go in on bash-a-youngin, but the portfolio has, sadly, been removed since.

Two pages found under that link appear to be very lovely though.

Oct 6, 10 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
TenaciousArchitect2b

Very impresive work. Your skills are amazing, however as everyone said.. layout much be considered, also, if you can use some blod colors on some areas..
i hope this helps.. Good luck!
oh yeah.. how come u dont have any hand sketches? or is that how it works in UK.

ps med.. such valuable comment but missed on how to deliver it!

Oct 6, 10 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
lewis bailie

Thanks for your comments..!

Oct 7, 10 10:04 am  · 
 · 
lewis bailie

Here is an improved version:

http://issuu.com/lewisbailie/docs/portfolio-1_improved

Thoughts?

Thanks again..

Oct 22, 10 12:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: