Archinect
anchor

sculpture

RValu100

Who is your favorite sculptor?

Pomodoro:

Sep 10, 10 3:52 pm
mespellrong

funny coincidence -- one of my classmates in architecture school used to compare my work to Pomodoro. I took a lot of sculpture classes, which irked sme of my architecture faculty at the time, bur seems to have paid off -- now I'm teaching sculpture.

Sep 10, 10 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

Oh, I'll add something the the thread: There are exhibitions right now of work (and photos of the buildings) from Louis Sullivan's studio on at the Art Institute of Chicago and the Chicago Cultural Center that do a good job of suggesting that Sullivan can be read equally well as a sculptor. I recommend them both to residents and visitors alike. Both will still be up during Greenbuild if you are here this November.

Sep 10, 10 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

giacometti

Sep 10, 10 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
jplourde

Libeskind.

oops, what?

Sep 10, 10 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

my top three (in order):

james turrell (by far my favorite)

andy goldsworthy (love the repetition)

and richard wilson (for this one project '20:50' [amazing oil reflecting very heavy feeling thing kinda turrell-esque this blew me away back in the early 90's seeing it at the saatchi gallery oh yeah!!])

i also like richard serra, maya lin, and you gotta throw in donald judd, too. i'm sure there are others but yeah i'm giving the obvious architectural sculptors 'cause that's what i like ..

Sep 10, 10 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I think this was Steven Holl

Sep 10, 10 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
RValu100

Not sculpture, but another work by Holl:

Oct 13, 10 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
http://www.gregorybarsamian.com/
Oct 13, 10 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
db

serra. brancusi. giacometti.

Oct 13, 10 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
Helsinki

Tony Cragg, Andrea ZIttel, Joep van Lieshout.

Oct 14, 10 7:01 am  · 
 · 
ether
previously on architect
Oct 14, 10 11:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: