Archinect
anchor

Hard copy portfolio

Where are you printing your portfolio?

May 27, 14 11:59 am
Non Sequitur

I usually just head down to the local native tribe and get them to transfer my work into some bead-work or quilt.

May 27, 14 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

pics or it didn't happen.  seriously though, that would be awesome.  probably pixelated though.

May 27, 14 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
x intern

The hard back books you can get printed off the internet look good.  Not the most creative but if the works good this is a decent option.  

May 27, 14 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Curtkram, the problem is not really about the pixelation but some of them insist so much on adding tassels everywhere.

May 27, 14 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
Too many Tassels... No such thing
May 27, 14 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

I use Lulu, but my last run of portfolios had some trim marks visible on a couple pages. I will probably give Blurb a shot next time I want a hard-copy. 

For most interviews, I have switched to showing work on a 10" nexus tablet - the graphic quality is amazing, and at $400, I only have to revise my portfolio like 7 times before it pays for itself.... 

May 28, 14 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Blurb is fantastic and if you're using their InDesign plug in, your cost per book will auto-update as you add pages and or change the paper quality... no tassel option, which is good.

May 28, 14 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
Veuxx

I interviewed with a  tablet last time.

Jun 3, 14 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: