Archinect
anchor

Meeting portfolio for design consultant

ivanjay205

This may seem like a strange question.

I have the typical professional notebook/portfolio for client meetings. A couple of pockets on the left for business cards and paper and a standard Staples notepad that slides in....

I find it a nightmare to keep my notes organized. I travel quite a bit and by the end of the week I have20 pages of notes to sort through, scan, and file.

I am looking for some system to keep my notes together for a project and highlight action items....

Almost like a binder with a tab for each project or something of the like. but, something that looks professional.

Any ideas, how does everyone else stay organized???

Jul 30, 10 5:05 pm
Rusty!

Dude, you just got a Dell (netbook)!!!

It even looks like a binder :)

Jul 30, 10 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
ivanjay205

I have been toying with the idea of a netbook but I am not a big fan. I find it very distracting to others to have either a laptop or netbook open in front of them and to be typing away...

Looking for something a bit more traditional.

Aug 2, 10 10:55 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I see laptops in meetings all the time now. There is no stigma to doing that, if there ever was one. It' only a distraction if you make it so. Typing vs. handwriting is an unfair fight. Even if you are a poor typist, you will still increase the speed of note-taking by 3 fold, leaving you more time to be attentive with clients. A laptop may even make you look more professional to some, media savvy clients.

A laptop/netbook will not completely replace your paper binder, but will decrease the size of it. It also allows you to carry 1000's of documents that can be referenced in an instance.

Your doodling pad may not get replaced by technology any time soon, but as an information organizing tool, you can't beat a portable computing device.

Aug 2, 10 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: