Archinect
anchor

Earning IDP While Principle of a Firm?

LOOP!

Question about earning IDP hours. 

For some background, I have several friends that have completed IDP and are beginning to take their tests to become registered in the US. I'm currently working overseas and plan to stay and get registered here.

Somewhere down the line, if I was to partner with someone and start a firm in the US, could I earn IDP hours as a co-partner/owner of the firm or must I work "under" an architect in order to get hours?

Hard to say if it would even be worth it to go through the process and get registered at that point... Thanks in advance.

May 22, 11 9:44 am

into - you may be able to get reciprocity from your foreign license (although that's getting harder to do as the various national licensing boards are revisiting how easy to make this in the face of nationalist impulses to keep work at home).

So, strictly from an IDP process perspective, yes, you can work with a licensed partner and have your time count towards the requirements of IDP. Main thing is that you're both working in the same physical location and that he directly supervise your work effort (however you want to define that is up to you). 

Hope that helps.

May 22, 11 10:23 am  · 
 · 
LOOP!

Thanks much, Greg. That's exactly what I needed to know. Will make the reciprocity vs. IDP decision when the time comes :)

May 23, 11 4:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: