Archinect
anchor

What music are you listening to?

gruen

What (newish) music are you listening to these days?

Although not exactly new, yesterday I was jamming Balkan Beat Box for 8 hours of autocad.

Oct 26, 13 10:29 am

Jolie Holland, Hazmat Modine, and a little Trombone Shorty.

Oct 26, 13 10:49 am  · 
2  · 
ShakeyDeal

Jollie Holland is amazing.

New artist by the name Darkside just put out a great album.

Oct 26, 13 1:05 pm  · 
2  · 
DeTwan

https://soundcloud.com/favright/iceladen

Oct 26, 13 3:58 pm  · 
1  · 
Alien 8

Red City Radio, RVIVR, Off With Their Heads… all three bands have released new albums this year and have maintained or surpassed the expectations they set with their previous releases. Also, I'm anxious for the Tony Sly tribute album to be released in a couple days, and Iron Chic's new album set for next week. 

For music without vocals, Caspian released something last year and have a new EP on the way.

Oct 27, 13 11:21 pm  · 
1  · 
LITS4FormZ
Alt-J, The Naked & Famous, The XX, Stars, Bloc Party, Austra, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Haim, Bastille, fitz and the tantrums, arcade fire.
Oct 28, 13 12:21 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

The Captain and Tenille.  Everything old is newish again...

Oct 28, 13 12:42 am  · 
1  · 

Chicano Batman (out of LA), Sword (out of Austin), Town & Country (out of Chicago I believe) and Rudresh Mahanthappa (out of NYC). Also been digging more mainstream Miguel, Drake et al...

Of course some Lou Reed in last 24 hrs!

Oct 28, 13 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

There is no there - the Books 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC35WrKC_nY

Oct 29, 13 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
Workers
Floating Action
Cheyenne Marie Mize
Oct 29, 13 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Thecyclist

Rage Against the Machine

My Morning Jacket (MMJ)—Circuital

Oct 29, 13 11:35 pm  · 
2  · 
imdadpg

It looks like you've listed two music acts: "Rage Against the Machine" and "My Morning Jacket (MMJ)" with the album "Circuital" specified for My Morning Jacket. These are both well-known and respected bands in the music industry. Rage Against the Machine: Known for their politically charged lyrics and a unique blend of rock, rap, and metal, Rage Against the Machine has been a influential force since the 1990s. My Morning Jacket (MMJ): My Morning Jacket is recognized for their diverse sound, often incorporating elements of rock, country, and folk. "Circuital" is one of their albums, and MMJ has gained a reputation for their compelling live performances. If you have any specific questions about these bands or albums, or if there's something else related to them you'd like to discuss, feel free to let me know!

Nov 30, 23 11:09 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

New Pearl Jam album and a generous helping of Neil Young.

Oct 30, 13 9:28 am  · 
1  · 
Benjamin_

At work: Radiohead, Tom Yorke's side projects, Thievery Corporation, RJD2, Bonobo, Caribou

to name just a few!

Oct 30, 13 9:45 am  · 
2  · 

definitely been on a bit of a Neil Young kick myself..

also Red Hot + Fela with a bunch of indie rockers (MMJ, tUnE-yArDs, Alabama Shakes et al) covering Fela Kuti songs is killer.

I have listened to this on repeat many time in last few weeks.

Oct 30, 13 10:04 am  · 
 · 

usually turn on kcrw (either streaming or their daily spotify list) and just listen...

Oct 30, 13 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

anyone been digging Shabazz Palaces, 'Lese Majesty' ?

Need to pick this one up... even more "out there" than previous album(s). Also, the photo is great!

Jul 28, 14 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
LITZ4Formz excellent, I love alt-j. Can't wait for their next album this September. I also enjoy arcade fire. Neil young is great. I heard people hate his concerts however, because he doesn't play any
Jul 28, 14 6:18 pm  · 
1  · 
CD.Arch
Continued; play any songs, he just jams on his guitar for hours straight. I see no problem...
Jul 28, 14 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Nice pic Nam, and he as at the swapmeet.......Was at a wedding this weekend and Sleepy Labeef played and bought two albums so far.....Nils Frahm....Worakls - Live act 2013 is on serious repeat....had dinner with the wife and kids to Jim Morrison's American Prayer the extended addition which rolled into Frank Zappa's - Gumbo Variations and Jimi Hendrix's Villanova Junction (the 30 minute version) last Thursday ....last night some good old cheesy Italian techno while drinking with the wife: Gigi D'Agostino - Blah Blah Blah

Jul 28, 14 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

NAM DID YOU SAY - The Sword....stoner metal or whatever the kids call it - Black Sabbath as a style... hell yeah. Check out Orange Goblin sometime if you like Sword, or Dozer, or Acid King, or Sleep. Just a dark cloud of metal!

Jul 28, 14 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

The Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures, Beastie Boys, Gorillaz.

And I throw in some classical music sometimes too.

Jul 29, 14 10:17 am  · 
1  · 

@Olaf - Thanks for the tip re: LaBeef, i do like me some Rockabilly

oh and i am DOWN with Sleep, Earth all that shitz

Jul 29, 14 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i'm down with DOWN  \m/

well then, do you know the ROCK GOD himself - Zakk Wylde

resume includes - former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist, Black Label Society, Pride and Glory

one of the best rock albums ever - Book of Shadows by Zakk Wylde

Jul 29, 14 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

something new and very old....

Tim Eriksen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diCwaf9rXPw   Am I born to die?

Jul 29, 14 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Tim Eriksen

Wish all the Wars Were Over

Every Day is Three

(unfortunately the best stuff isn't on the web, the albums are worth checking out)

Jul 29, 14 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftxDrStny8

Jul 31, 14 5:20 pm  · 
 · 

Ben Klock

Temples

The Bombay Royale

NehruvianDOOM (new MF DOOM collaboration)

Jul 31, 14 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Alexander Walter - The Boiler Room stuff is always great - good set by Ben Klock...if you like that and want more minimal and pounding check out Jon Asher mixes

this guy seems to be becoming more popular every month - Vintage Culture

Temples, thanks, it's a nice find.

Jul 31, 14 11:13 pm  · 
1  · 
awaiting_deletion

Jethro Tull - bad ass flute players - nice jla-x!

since Mr. Walter got me thinking after the Ben Klock set....anything from

Kompakt      kompakt

Jul 31, 14 11:42 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Looks like my answer from last October is still accurate today. Still rocking the Neil Young.

Aug 1, 14 8:09 am  · 
 · 

not sure why, but as i have aged i like Neil young more and more...

also that Zakk Wylde is pretty good GUITAR player! thanks for the h/t

Aug 4, 14 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

The longer you live and work hard the more you feel the Neil Young... love this track Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Grandpa's Interview: http://youtu.be/ovZIFtXixcQ

Aug 4, 14 8:50 pm  · 
 · 

@sakshi definitely a fan of Chicano Batman!

Aug 6, 14 10:12 am  · 
1  · 
LITS4FormZ

New music since the last post...currently working its way through my speakers. 

Warpaint, London Grammar, The War On Drugs(album of the year), Sylva Esso, Jenny Lewis, Cut Copy, Future Islands, Afghan Whigs, Todd Terje...

@CD.Arch, pre-ordered Alt-Js new album, love their new direction. I was honestly worried about how they would sound as a trio but it seems like they'll be just fine. I've seen them perform on 3 continents and I'll see them for the 5th time in November, amazing live band. 

Aug 6, 14 10:30 am  · 
 · 
DAAd

dont  judge me bur new beyonces album is really good :) for the rnb fans 

Aug 6, 14 11:24 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
LITS4FormZ I had no clue that they were only a trio now. I am very jealous that you got to see them play live. I heard Tesselate and Breezeblocks and I was hooked. I bought their album and listened to it for days straight. They are great!
Aug 6, 14 11:28 am  · 
 · 

this AM listening to Tycho - Dazed Mix

Aug 8, 14 10:06 am  · 
 · 

https://www.spdeep.com/ when i want this kind of music i listen to this radio without ads. But they often repeat songs. My interest is enough for an hour. I listen to other styles.

Jan 26, 22 6:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I rocked STP's debut album (1992's CORE)  this morning on my walk to the office.

Aug 8, 14 10:09 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdoFeo0Gqb8

Aug 9, 14 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Giacinto Scelsi: Complete Works for Double Bass  (Robert Black)

Aug 16, 14 11:11 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

still rocking in a free world

Neil Young and Crazy Horses' Greendale - Grandpa's Interview

The noise was unfamiliar...
A walkie talkie squealed
Generators were runnin'
Vans parked in the field

Tv crews and cameras
They wanted to interview grandpa on the porch
They came through the gate and up on the lawn
Knockin' down edith's tiki torch

Grandpa saw them there
Looking through the venetian blind
"those people don't have any respect
So they won't get any of mine

I ain't gonna talk about jed...
I don't watch channel 2 or 6 or 9
I don't have time to talk that fast
And it ain't my crime

It ain't an honour to be on tv
And it ain't a duty either
The only good thing about tv
Is shows like 'leave it to beaver'

Shows with love and affection
Like mama used to say
A little mayberry livin'
Can go a long way"

(only 35 and feel this way already...)

Aug 22, 14 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

This is the only man that matters in Dance Music Right Now

Vintage Culture

Aug 22, 14 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

No, you guys are way off – it’s “Speedo” by The Cadillac’s (1955). Just watched Goodfellas for the 15+ time where it was part of the soundtrack – any song that sings “Ba-ba-do-do-do” in its second line first verse is current to today’s societal sophistication. I’m not being critical but I wonder if people will still be listening to Chicano Batman 40 years from now or if its lead singer Bardo will be performing solo at 72 like Paul McCartney…evoking high school memories.

Sep 7, 14 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

That One Guy. 

Sep 7, 14 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Welcome Home by Radical Face is my new favorite song.
Sep 7, 14 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

Blue Rodeo Five days in May

Sep 8, 14 1:17 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Pre-ordered Alt-J's new album a few days ago. They're sounding pretty good Litz4Formz, I agree they're new direction is pretty good. Working on playing the guitar riff in left hand free.
Sep 15, 14 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Just listened to the album, they're the fucking Pink Floyd of this generation. So good

Sep 24, 14 12:26 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Absolutely, bloodflood pt II is a revelation. I need to find out their next tour dates, I want to see a show.
Sep 24, 14 9:11 am  · 
 · 
asdfgh

bryan adams' songs are unique.....

Sep 24, 14 9:41 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: