Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

awaiting_deletion

EI, like beta I have a new version of Archinect, Balskins not showing up. I do not see referenced post.

Sep 11, 16 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

maybe his posts are just hidden from the people who respond to him and egg him on the most?

Sep 11, 16 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
Curtkram, maybe. I haven't seen anything of his since September 9th, and I'm probably in that group.
Sep 11, 16 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
There's no way Ballskin could keep his mouth shut if he was able to comment on that unlicensed thread that started a day or so ago.

I think he's gone.
Sep 11, 16 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

What, I go out of town and away from Archinect for a few days and miss this potential development? Shame on me.

In other news, I was back home in Cincinnati for the grand opening of their modern streetcar line, the first form of rail transit in the city for over 65 years. The project was originally conceived by a partner at local architecture firm Glaserworks, roughly modeled after the Portland Streetcar (conceived by ZGF). The lesson? If you want some visionary mojo in your city, get some architects involved.

The Cincinnati Streetcar was incredibly controversial and the project survived more assassination attempts than a Latin American dictator in the 1980s. Until recently, the local media talked about it the same way Fox News talks about Obamacare. It was inspiring to see this project finally open to the public, and I'm proud to be part of the grassroots "streetcar mafia" that pushed this project forward over the past few years.

Here are all the social media provocateurs on the ceremonial first ride on Friday:

Sep 12, 16 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Perhaps some of the folks who had taken a hiatus will return now.  We need more sarcastic folks around here.

Sep 12, 16 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I can't say too much, but you guys, I have a client who wants the vestibule to double as a powder room. Where is that script about clueless design ideas we are working on? Need to add that, please. 

Sep 13, 16 9:48 am  · 
 · 
Flatfish

Hmm... well it depends on... what is it a vestibule to/from?  I mean, when I arrive at my dentist's office I'd rather not have to go through a vestibule of people doing powder room stuff...   But, maybe if it were an energy-code-mandated vestibule for a little-to-never-used back door somewhere...  that could be a clever way to get more use out of the space (though regrettable when the fire alarm goes off, automatically unlocking the powder room door for the fleeing masses, while somebody was freshening up in there...)

Sep 13, 16 10:26 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Yeah, maybe I should open my mind up more....

Sep 13, 16 10:32 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Tintt I remember teaching first-year undergrad students and one student was adamant about not enclosing the toilet in her house. There it was, just sitting somewhere between the dishwasher and couch. I told her that if you were going to do that, then make a statement out of the toilet. Put it on some pedestal dead-centre of the room or something.

I think the project ended up as a normal, boring collection of row houses.

Sep 13, 16 10:42 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

If you can both watch TV and load the dishwasher from the toilet, that might save you a lot of time, but I don't even like it when the door and toilet are positioned in a way that you can see the toilet if the door is open. I'm working on not being such a stiff though. 

Sep 13, 16 10:55 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Maybe get more attractive toilets.

Sep 13, 16 11:04 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Doh!

Sep 13, 16 12:02 pm  · 
 · 

I'm starting to believe it's true that he's gone. Either that or he's starting to show a lot of self restraint. If this thread can die without him commenting on it, I think it's safe to say he's gone. There's no way he could resist otherwise, it's nearly perfect Balkins bait. The only way it could be better was if the OP noted they were located in Oregon.

Sep 13, 16 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

I'm pretty sure that's referred to as "precedence"... 

Sep 13, 16 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Precedent?

Sep 13, 16 8:25 pm  · 
 · 

prescience 

Sep 13, 16 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Doh!

Sep 13, 16 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

...nut

Sep 13, 16 11:02 pm  · 
 · 

So yeah - don't upgrade to iOS 10 yet. It bricked my phone, and the Genius Bar isn't available until tomorrow evening. Lame.

Sep 14, 16 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

What did you upgrade Josh?

Sep 14, 16 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

you should upgrade you iOS to nougat (which is what they call android 7.0)

Sep 14, 16 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

I've heard it was an over-the-air update issue and most users have been able to restore their phone via iTunes. Also, updating via iTunes doesn't seem to have the same issue. 

Either way, I'm holding off on updating for a while. I usually do, precisely to avoid this type of issue.

Sep 14, 16 1:21 pm  · 
 · 

My issues are actually with installing through iTunes. I shouldn't have updated so close to leaving for a trip. It's very annoying. Trying something now that seems to be working, hopefully it does.

I have an iPhone 6 NS. 

Sep 14, 16 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

damn... I've still holding on to my 4S. It's been rock solid for years. I should probably restrain from updates though.

Sep 14, 16 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
situationist
Hey guys. I just graduated from [insert top arch program here]. I have about 3 months of experience and am wondering why I haven't been trotted around to all of the clients and haven't been handed a super high profile project to "design." They've got me doing massing studies and toilet room plans - the latter of which I was told that spending a week setting up a grasshopper routine to study optimal partition placement was an "unnecessary waste of time." How am I supposed to make partner immediately after passing the AREs if I'm not getting client exposure and stuck doing this "BAC" alumni work? This is beneath me. They also told me that I might want to get some contract administration experience, but as we all know, this work is for people who will have zero impact on the field. I want to be a superstar. Super stars don't waste time doing CA or CDs or generally learning about construction. We Design with a capital D.
Sep 15, 16 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Welcome back situationist!
Sep 15, 16 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

Sep 15, 16 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Ah. Ballskids revenge. So, if you are public here, and you take issue with asshats, like Ballskid, look out, you're boss may get a call from the Ballskids of Archinect.

Now, we all know the fuckwit, stalker, misogynist, horse-milker is gone, but he's bound and determined to try and get you fired - not me, as I work for the best boss in the world, ME, and will likely, given his chronic and verbose infantilism, try and get you tied up in some kind state board shit. However, we all know - because he's lurking, donkey-felchers always lurk, he's a do nothing, BDAM - Buiding Designer Ass Muncher - that will go to some length to track all of us down, and read us his Unabomber length manifesto of stupid, but take heart, the lengths he'll go, are about the same as length as it takes him to walk from the toilet, to the fridge.

Hold fast, it'll be a short time before he's assaulting the N64 crowd, and done lurking here.

Hi Ballky!

Sep 16, 16 8:23 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Now, I'm not saying anyone SHOULD do this, however, I've heard about this being done before, so think, before you do anything rash.

SWATTING

Sep 16, 16 8:31 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i heard the police don't like it when you do that.  funny as hell though.  if he who must not be named gets a swat team at your door, make sure to get a selfie with them and post it here.

Sep 16, 16 9:12 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Balkachino is trying to sabotage people's careers by calling employers?

Sep 16, 16 9:22 am  · 
 · 
I long for the days of "those who can't do, teach." Apparently now it's "those who can't do, call the employers of those who can to try and get them fired."

Glad he has no idea who I am, where I live, and who I work for.
Sep 16, 16 9:26 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Are we speculating or has anyone actually been targeted?

Although it's not that difficult to find out but I removed my real name from this site years ago.  Too many conspiracy creeps at the time. Now the only emails I get are from Indian people thinking my sarcastic comments to their "house designs" is an acceptance on my part to give them free advice.

Friday!

Pumpkin beers for all.

Sep 16, 16 10:01 am  · 
 · 

This is creepy and scary at the same time. Hell, you go to my website and it has my phone number...probably time to take that off. 

Sep 16, 16 10:35 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
No speculation, fact.
Sep 16, 16 11:05 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

If that's the case... his parents' address and phone number is readily available on his "website".

Sep 16, 16 11:08 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

wtf. pyscho

Sep 16, 16 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Flatfish

Yeah... that's what I meant about him not being quite the harmless buffoon that some imagine.  There's an angry psycho streak there.  Besides the shit about menacing university staff, stalking his computer-world-celebrity crush, etc. he's always trying to cause trouble for architects - he's reported people to boards all over the world, gotten architects he doesn't even know fined because their websites call them architects while their licenses are expired, things like that that are no threat to HSW - just an excuse for petty revenge on the profession as a whole.

Sep 16, 16 11:42 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

this could well make a good plot foundation for a slasher movie

Sep 16, 16 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

I don't have to be back at work until October 3rd?

Sep 16, 16 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

Well, that's a shitty way to go. And to think of all the NYC architects who deserve to be pushed from a skyscraper.

Sep 16, 16 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

After kneeling to check something, he stood up and then plummeted over the parapet, the paper reported. 

Did anyone check the byline? Tony "The Pen" Soprano 

Sep 17, 16 2:31 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

beat commercial on TV now - ICE t at a lemonade stand.

Sep 17, 16 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

"my lethal weapon is my mind" - ice-t

Sep 17, 16 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Ricky's back

http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
Sep 18, 16 10:40 am  · 
 · 
tduds

An elegy for Rick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKIH8x4z_mc

Sep 18, 16 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: